ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The way to Proove TopSpeed..

It says it only has a 10 - 110mph renge. Not much good for those pesky 150mph 106s that you mentioned...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

A pic of the speedo and a GPS unit together is good proof... ;)

But it is impossible for a 106 GTi to do 150mph unless the gearing is changed or the rev limit raised!

CTR EK9 turbo

"A pic of the speedo and a GPS unit together is good proof... "

And i very much doubt that anyone here can afford the ultra-expensive GPS equipment that is actually accurate! a friend of mines Pulsar was "tested" on a "GPS" when his top speed was identical to mine and it read !50 mph, now dont get me wrong - that i can firmly say is total nonsense and greatly inaccurate! as his top speed (then) was the same as mine and my clio is standard.

Youd need mega power to get a hatchback up to over 140 im afraid, let alone 150. Not only loads of power but much better aerodynamics - a hatchbacks airodynamics are about as drag-free as my ring piece.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 06 February 2003

And i very much doubt that anyone here can afford the ultra-expensive GPS equipment that is actually accurate!
But if you have access to such equipment through work... ;)

My mate has access to this stuff and he tested it in his old Evo VI to see how accurate the speedo was. Turns out it as pretty bl00dy accurate too and was only reading about a couple of mph fast when it was doing 140mph.

Numpty went and sold it last sumer though and got a kit car!

CTR EK9 turbo

Id hate to think how many launches ive done off those lights! and how many poor victims have been left in my wake, apart from the cheating bar-stewards that go on orange!!!!! i guess thats how VTS owners claim they beat a 172!!! ;) chrismvts of saxosportsclub beat me off the lights when he went on orange once.......but only once.......

CTR EK9 turbo

EVO VI mmmmm very tasty. My bros pondering a V when hes got enough brass.

Id love a kit car - cheap(ish) depends if you build it yourself etc, fast, good looks, handling, ultra low insurance! a friend got a quote on his Robin Hood with a rover V8 (hes only got the 2.0 litre pinto) and it came to something like £500 or £600 or something ridiculous!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I have a GPS unit with car kit, let me just say that they are bloody accurate !

It says my speedo is out about 1 mile an hour at 30 rising to about 2 mile an hour at 100mph