ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Yorkshire 2020 big meet. 5th September

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
This will never happen but here goes anyway;

Yorkshire meet starting at Temple Newsam (LS15 0AE) and driving upto Buttertubs pass (DL8 3LY) either following Google or if anyone knows of any interesting detours then that way. It's a 1 3/4 hour drive by Google so 9:30 ish start in Leeds?

@Yorkshire Pudding @leeds2592 @leeds_182 @Steve_RS @dann2707 @Louis @jp_lcr @mossyv6 @RenaultVirgin @IsaacHocks @CliosportCal and anyone else I've missed 👍.

Flat cap optional, thanks to @dann2707 for organising😁.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I normally take the little lad up there about that time so may stop for a chat,

Use postcode LS15 0AD or you'll end up 5 miles away ( Google hates Temple Newsams postcode )

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Sounds good to me also :) I need a drive out as we have been no where this year.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
In seriousness though, was talking to Steve about this, I think I'm away at the lakes. Depends what day we decide to come home. I'll come if we're back.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What we will do is get a list of everyone who's coming then i'll create a whatsapp group with everyone in, i've been on many group rides out before and they always fail one way or another and it's usually down to a breakdown in communication. Whatsapp is good for these reasons:

1 - Notifications are instant - if one person gets lost or stuck behind a Doris doing 20mph and ends up far behind they can let people know instantly and we know to back off a bit.
2 - GPS location, if one person ends up going the wrong way for whatever reason you can pinpoint where you are on whatsapp. This works both for breakdowns too and lets face it we're mostly in French cars.

I've been on many rides out where something happens and you'll see a message on the forum later that night - "sorry guys, lost where we went so headed off home". This will remove that ambiguity and ensure we all make it!

1. Dann2707

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What we will do is get a list of everyone who's coming then i'll create a whatsapp group with everyone in, i've been on many group rides out before and they always fail one way or another and it's usually down to a breakdown in communication. Whatsapp is good for these reasons:

1 - Notifications are instant - if one person gets lost or stuck behind a Doris doing 20mph and ends up far behind they can let people know instantly and we know to back off a bit.
2 - GPS location, if one person ends up going the wrong way for whatever reason you can pinpoint where you are on whatsapp. This works both for breakdowns too and lets face it we're mostly in French cars.

I've been on many rides out where something happens and you'll see a message on the forum later that night - "sorry guys, lost where we went so headed off home". This will remove that ambiguity and ensure we all make it!

1. Dann2707
2. Louis