ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

These Leaky Sunroofs

The Jinx

Mines coming in through the sunroof switch/map light swith console. Anyone got any help regarding how to fix this? It seems to be leaking from the front and soaking through the this console unit.

Got wet jeans now.

Plastic Surround on Sunroof come away from roof, seal that.. (Id say this is the problem..)

Or.. Seal the Arial.. (if its that!)

all i did was open the sun roof clean it all out and dry it shut the sun roof properly and hey presto

well it worked for me anyway lol!!

vix :)

Yep, silicon sealant - im in the process of mending mine but with this crappy weather - i cant!! Ive got a tube of sealant which i am going to quite liberally spread all across the plastic surround, and where the sunroof meets the glass - this is wht everyone seems to reccomend.

Sunroof meets Glass?

Dont think its there - if you do that, itll never open.. or, only seal until you open it again I think.

Im 99% sure its the surround warping and coming away from the actual roof..

Revels Mum & Sister

Completely take it out. Seal between the roof and the plastic surrounf with silicone sealent.

Also i slapped some Vaseline between the seal and glass!!

The Jinx

Cheers people. I have to say that silicon sealant is my best friend when it comes to fiing stuff. Its good for so much.

Even used it once when the feet fell off the kettle. Just put 3 blobs of sealant on the bottom of the kettle and once theyd dried - hey presto new grippy rubber feet!

Will add this job to my list of things to do this weekend.

i went and brouhgt a new sunroof just waiting to get it fixed now, the leak f**ked up my interior light and my central locking!!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

the problem will be your arial surround not the sunroof! well thats what caused it on my last 2 clios anyway!

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 03 February 2004

the problem will be your arial surround not the sunroof! well thats what caused it on my last 2 clios anyway!
Heh, not always..

Depends on the state of the surround.

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Mike, Its the grey plastic surround which meets the Roof. Dead easy to do and its hardly noticable. Just done mine after a lot of Ummmmin n Arrrrin All dry now. Dont look like ive pissed my pants anymore :)

Do u need to remove the plastic surround first coz mine does actually come away from the roof in some places!!!! Is it difficult to get off or do i simply need to get the sealant around the edge of the surround? Wont that look a bit of a mess?

The Jinx

The roof material is wet at the front of the sunroof near the seal so I assume thats where its coming in. Like I said, I may do both.

Looked at the plastic outside and it looks reasonably flush. Ill do it anyway.

Can that much water really come in through the airial mount? Well if everybody is saying the same thing then i guess its gotta be true!

Yeah mine did exactly the same thing !! Took the sunroof out and then siliconed it back in !! Id also do the ariel at the same time as these have a habit of leaking !!

350z & 16v Maxi

mines leaking like mad just now too, cant be my ariel, as i dont have one, its been smoothed away. Ive tried silicon inbetween the glass and the plastic, and also between the plastic and the body. Still not sealed. I am going to remove it, seal under the plastic bit and refit it when i get a chance. Also i have bought a new seal which im going to fit.

Right, its lunch time and im now going to spend it sealing my sunroof in my work car park -some of us are just so lucky arent we - im gonna seal around the plastic glass surround to the roof - that should stop it - best not make a mess tho!! Wish me luck - no more wet crutch for me!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

seal the arial base with silicon.the sunroof frame however i would fit a new seal.if the silicon doesnt seal properley its a pain to remove it so you can do it again.posted a topic with the part number of the seal so do a search.seal is only about £30