ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

these spacers any good?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Couldn't see a measurement for the bolts. But regardless, buy cheap-buy twice. Even with using copper grease to stop the wheel sticking I wouldn't trust a cheap brand. The extra £30 for h&r spacers is worth it

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I wouldn't trust extended bolts as you're then transferring some of the stress from the hub to those bolts.

From what I gather, you want bolt to hub spacers so the spacer is fixed to the hub, acting as a new hub to then bolt the wheel to. That way you keep the right size bolts

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
You won't find any.. the spacers have to be a minimum thickness to be able to machine the counterbore/countersink to enable them to be bolted separately to the hubs (needs at least enough material for depth of bolt head).. As you suggest I'm sure the H&R minimum thickness is 20mm, other manufacturers like Eibach however have a minimum of 25mm..

As long as they are (hubcentric) have a bore machined in the back of the spacer to house the standard hub spigot and the spacer has a spigot for the wheel to locate on then most of the load will be transferred into the hub rather than the wheel bolts.

There shouldn't be an issue with the ones you suggested initially, Just check the length of the bolt has enough thread engagement into the hub, and doesn't stick out the back or it could hit the upright..

Regarding the bolt length @40mm
If it needs to engage 9mm into hub and the spacer is 16mm thick... you are left with 15mm for the wheel thickness from bottom of bolt hole chamfer to the wheel mount face.... what do your wheels measure?

Most of the time your just paying for the name with H&R's and Eibach (especially if your using the smaller width spacers, which are just turned aluminium billet)

I'm running standard 172 wheels so I'm guessing if the hub needs 9mm and the bolts are 26mm as standard that's 17mm.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot about the disc thickness in my previous post....

However I Suppose if you get the kit from Demon Tweeks and select the right car it has all been pre worked out anyway..

The standard bolts may thread into the hub more than 9mm

9mm is just 6 times the thread pitch at 1.5mm (as they specify you should get 6 full turns of the bolt when installing)

If you dont get 6 turns, let them know as they suggest and I'm sure they will help u out (maybe send longer bolts) and the opposite, if there too long u can cut them down