ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thick snow foam

Do you wet the car down first before foaming or just foam straight away onto a dry car? any way work better than the other?

A very good questiong and the answer is below.

Makes no difference IMO. Iv always just foamed straight off and then washed :)

I ALWAYS pressure wash it first. This gets rid of dirt and mud/flies. Then snow foam.

Ive got 4bar of water pressure from the house tap but compared to the 80+ bar from a pressure washer its just not enough to get a good foam from the lance.

Actually it can be, just not the standard "look" that people, go for. Glimour guns still fly off the shelf and they are hose attachements.

lol Whole point of snow foam is to use it with the pressure from a PW. Pressure is needed to create the foam!

Pressure is needed to create the shaving foam look. Coverage can still be achieved by a standard tap. You need a coverage of the chemicals, IMHO the white look of the foam tends to be used as a guide showing where you have been, bit like shaving foam. People still use shaving oils that are harder to see, same thing with Glimour guns foam, straight from the tap. . .

F56 MINI Cooper S
A very good questiong and the answer is below.

I ALWAYS pressure wash it first. This gets rid of dirt and mud/flies. Then snow foam.
Ah, i always went straight in with the foam normally- thought it clung onto the car better if dry (dont know where i got that from), will wash down with water first then from now on :)