ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

things to do

silver clio grande 1.2
took my car to be sorted out at the garage today after kwik fit had sprung me an oil leak and luckily only a new washer was needed not the sump and gasket. while it was on the ramp the guy noticed that my brakes needed sorting and as a result of something else they had done the back brake shoes had just snapped and fell off. so now all is replaced and mended ive been thinking about things i want to do next with my car and this is what ive come up with.

1. k&n air filter
2. front bottom fog lights on bumper
3.front spliter on bumper
4. silver wing mirrors to match car
5. bigger wheels complete with alloys.
6. personal plate
7.rear and front lights

what do you guys think? know of any good places and good priced places.:star:

Last edited:
  silver clio grande 1.2
heya steve 740 just been on holiday for a few days , going away again friday. it was at chesterfield so if you're ever up this way stay well clear of it.i didnt think people had problems with kwik fit but ever since this ive spoken to people and heard nothing but bad reports.

silver clio grande 1.2
White16valver said:
If you're getting bigger wheels you'll need it lowered! :)

sounds like a plan, will any of the above ideas effect my insurance cost badly?

Leon Cupra R 225
Hmm... interesting, some kwik fit's are ok but I wouldn't know about the one in Chesterfield being in the south east.

I agree with white16valver get it lowered. and do this 1st. 40mm is a nice drop get decent springs and your away. and 16" wheels

try www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk and check by ringing up to make sure they fit your car etc.

:)

Depends who you're with - if you're standard at the moment then you probably went with an insurer that likes standard cars, therefore won't be keen and will charge you the earth... :S

Leon Cupra R 225
k&n filter and wheels will up your insurance you should tell them so your insurance isn't invalid. and also lowering it will up insurance too its always best to tell them as you don't want invalid insurance should the worst happen.

hope this helps

silver clio grande 1.2
hmm interesting, at the moment im just putting a few "feelers" out and thinking ahead got to yet save up, when i insured the car it was completley standard as it is now to the best of my knowledge apart from some adjustments to the audio side that where on when i got the car

silver clio grande 1.2
tommyboy said:
k&n filter and wheels will up your insurance you should tell them so your insurance isn't invalid. and also lowering it will up insurance too its always best to tell them as you don't want invalid insurance should the worst happen.

hope this helps

yeah i heard before about letting them know, it's all usefull info thank you:star: :D