ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think I need a new windscreen

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

That is seriously dangerous to drive like that.
Especially with the wind pushing against it.
As long as your Fully comp you should be able to get it done for nothing on your insurance i think

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 05 August 2005

That is seriously dangerous to drive like that.
Especially with the wind pushing against it.
As long as your Fully comp you should be able to get it done for nothing on your insurance i think

usually £50-75 excess even if fully comp

172 CUP

Had to have mine changed 2 months after i got the car due to a stone making my windscreen look like that.

Sort it soon as thats a dangerous windscreen now!

Si

"Navy" N17 TWO

You can be pulled if your driving with a window like that

get it sorted, and FAST for your sake!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

The screen was cracked when i bought it, i was fully aware!

im not driving it like that really. only drove it home from picking it up! its being sorted through insurance as soon as! does anyone know if they come out to you to fix it??

caused by a big stone hitting the windscreen, nowt up with bulkhead :)

i do remember seeing a video of a track day and the yoth who was filming from inside his car had a worse crack than that in his screen, and he had no probs the whole day at donnington!

mirros are just missing plastic covers. iv got them just not had change to do much since i got it like!

a big mo fo stone hit it on the way to york in the top corner, and i leaned on it quite hard while washing the car one day and made it much worse! Does need sorting though!

DC5

Yeah they do come out and fix it. There should be a number on the bottom of your insurance certificate, and they arrange a day and a time to come!

Remapped derv Golf

Yes they should come out to you where ever.

I had one on my VTR done (at home) and it leaked! I had to go to their centre to get it fixed! Luckerly it was only 4 miles away but I was still pissed off!

Clio Trophy 079/500

Look for a windscreen repair place that will pay the excess. You dont pay a penny then. He just overcharges the insurance company £50.

I got mine replaced, with uv glass and green sunstrip for free. WOO HOO

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Hows that work then? i thought that the insurance company would sort it all out? or do I arrange a new screen and then that company bills my insurance company!

i actually need to get insured on the car yet lol!

Do you think theyd mind if i insured it Mon AM, then rang with a cracked screen Mon PM? lol