ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

think my head gasket is going :(

52 1.2 clio
wey im driving my girfriends clio ( she can't drive) and iv noticed the engines fairly tappy so i thought id do a oil change and new oil. when we started we noticed loads of ''mayo'' all over the filler cap and the tube. Theres was huge amounts though but i only just looked there the other day and it was fine so this has only happened within 1 week.

could it be condensation?
iv not noticed the heaters stop blowing warm water, car doesnt seem to over heat or anything.

a lad that works for renault says they all seem to have a little bit of gunk on.

what other symptons shall i look for if the head gasket has gone?
car is a mk2 (i think) 52 plate 1.2 8v engine

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mayo in the cap/filler neck is a really common problem on the 1.2's mate. If the cars not losing water and the oil itself is fine, don't worry about it.

52 1.2 clio
spot on :D
my girlfriends uncle owns a performance tuning company and a car garage so hes going to have a look and have a look so if it has gone

RS 182 CUP
Look in header tank for oil/ petrol contaminants, watch your water level (does it keep need topping up?) other symptoms are smoke out of your exhaust and the previous cream you mentioned, just keep an eye on things and don't let your engine temp soar if you find the gasket has gone.. Hope this helps

52 1.2 clio
cheers fellas much appreciated.

theres a lad coming out tomorrow to look at it, hopefully it should be fine. does any1 know if the mk2 phase 2 1.2 8v's are paper or metal oil filters? may aswell give it a new 1 and oil change if all is ok