ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think my rear shocks have gone like!!

Titanium Clio 182
When I drive over bumpy roads where the winter ice has damaged them, once I go over a bump for about a second afterwards the car is still vibrating and is very light on the road. When going over the same type of road, but turning, the back end spins out pretty badly!! I'm thinking its the shocks but can't see any oil which would have indicated a leaking one. Is it worth just buying some and changing them, they look pretty easy to change and I've read a guide on here on how to change them. I have the Cup suspension pack so where can I find the correct ones, also would you recommend using parts gateway or buy them brand new.

Thanks in advance.

172/1.2/E30
I´d get new Renault ones. Does the rear start to "swing" if you press the back end down and release it?

Titanium Clio 182
I pressed it down just then it was easier to press down the drivers side than the passengers! I pressed it down it bounced once! There was als creaking from the drivers side.

UR 200, 07 blade
Changed mine on sunday. Bought Genuine Renault ones from K-tec £123 for the both delivered, with 5% club discount.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i dont think its dampers.

jack it up and play around with all the bars, joints etc see if you can find any play.

i paid £40/pair for OEM Audi shocks on my A4, been a couple of years and they are still 100%

Astra SRI/ Hornet
id say it was shocks. i had one go and sounds the same behaviour. there really easy to change, im talking 10 mins a side.

Titanium Clio 182
Well I've bought the shocks on the ebay link above and hopefully they will arrive tomorrow or thursday!!

Is it worth getting coil spring clamps? Or are they not needed, would they make it easier?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well I've bought the shocks on the ebay link above and hopefully they will arrive tomorrow or thursday!!

Is it worth getting coil spring clamps? Or are they not needed, would they make it easier?

your 182 got cup pack on? cos there 182cup rear shocks.

no clamps needed.

Titanium Clio 182
Fitted the rear shocks today really easy and only took me twenty minutes, my ride is do much better now, everything is very stiff at the rear and does not slide out when turning on damaged roads, only my driver side shock was fooked but replaced then both.

Jacked the car up on the side I was replacing the shock.

Loosened this nut in the boot.
5602d7b1-1909-e4a5.jpg

Took the bolt right off then took the nut in the boot right of and it fell off.
5602d7b1-1926-113c.jpg

New shock, sticker goes outwards facing.
5602d7b1-19b8-3706.jpg

Car is proper stiff at the back, it is what it was like when I first got the car. The front seems bouncy, I wonder if the front have also gone.

From my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

172/1.2/E30
i dont think its dampers.

jack it up and play around with all the bars, joints etc see if you can find any play.

i paid £40/pair for OEM Audi shocks on my A4, been a couple of years and they are still 100%

I don't think, you have ever seen a clio rear axle. + Audi is not Renault!?

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Yeah that's a load of s**t. Ignore it.

A4 doesn't have a rear axle setup like the Clio.

it is completely different, but i didnt think it would affect the handling as much as he said. when mine went i only noticed it caus it bounced more over speed bumps.

then again i dont drive around with my foot to the floor all the time any more :sleepy: