ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think this is the reason for all my problems - DRIVESHAFT

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
So I was already aware that my drivers side drive shaft gaitor was loose but it was holding up so I pushed it aside for a job in the summer. However the other day I went to my friends Renault shop and inspected the gaiter and to my surprise its worse than I thought. Now I am probably going to just out right replace the drive shaft and hopefully this might solve the knocking noise problem and maybe help with my steering problem.

Need to check my gear box oil because the gaitor is filthy on the drivers side which indicates that, that side maybe running dry.

The passenger side gaitor:
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/jay_modi/IMG_4940_zpsee421bc3.jpg

The drivers side gaitor:
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/jay_modi/IMG_4941_zpsaf4c56f4.jpg

I have got other problems with the car one being when I full lock around a corner I get a knocking noise and then the steering wheel wont return back to its original position it would be slightly tilted when going straight. Then all of sudden the steering wheel will straight up and the car would jolt so something is getting stuck when I full lock the steering wheel and then releasing when I drive :L Something to do with the suspension, top mounts maybe?

Renault Clio182 bean
In regards to your last problem, a dry/worn outer cv joint will click/knock on full lock and the joint could also be locking up, sort the joints first then road test it to see if it has rectified all of your issues.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Snake182 while your here, I also have this issue that when I start the car for the first time in a while like over night or couple hours the car revs from 1000 to 1300 and back down rapidly for a couple seconds. Ill video it and stick it on youtube!

Renault Clio182 bean
@Snake182 while your here, I also have this issue that when I start the car for the first time in a while like over night or couple hours the car revs from 1000 to 1300 and back down rapidly for a couple seconds. Ill video it and stick it on youtube!
Yeah post a link up and il have a look

1.2 172 conversion
100% driveshaft i had exact same problems as you and couldnt get my head around it after changing ball joints etc then the other day my cv joint blew up..put a new driveshaft in and its good as new problem is completely gone