ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking caps on

hi guys,

my 2004 clio is currently fitted with a http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3595&osCsid=f352591f926364e43ed6c19ffe416beaKenwood KDCW6527SE and 4 http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2017&osCsid=f352591f926364e43ed6c19ffe416beaKenwood KFC1389ie in the doors (i think theyre the right ones) and Im looking to going to the next stage. 99% of the time I listen to rock/indie music so i want clarity and quality over bass, any bass I have must be punchy and not just a constant low rumble. I think i have 3 options:

1: A 10 inch active sub, i.e, Vibe cbr

2:The infinity basslink (out of the two 10 inchers this looks better as i do need boot space!

3: A 8 inch boxed sub, i.e, vibe and a seperate amp as an 8inch would be a quicker more punchy sub i was told. this looks the best option to me but im not sure

also could I use 1 amp to power the sub and the 4 door speakers? would i notice the diffeence in amped or unamped door speakers?

thanks very much everyone

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

well you would definatly notice a differance amping the door speakers and id go for the third option although ive got 2 sony xplod subs and a 444 amp not the best but it is loud i need to amp my door speakers cuz if you amp the door speakers and set em up right u can have bass as strong as you like with in reason

Ziel Nurburgring

Mine has a 2x12s in a powered box by MacAudio. Sounds brilliant and its tiny, about half the size of a ported 10" box (seriously its not much bigger than the subs which are back to back)

or one of the 10 inch sub deals on caraudiodirect, some of them look real good value but could they do the job i want? would a 10inch be too slow for what i want? and could those amps power the door speakers too?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i know a couple of people with that infinity bass link and its really very good. can set it up how u like easily too. im probably gonnaget myself on too

would the bass link be just as good as a seperate box/sub for what I want? would it worth spending the extra to get sub/amp seperate to acheive higher quality or would be good enough? thanks very much