ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying a clio for a project

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
As the title says really!
i've been after one for a while to track and i thought after a month and not finding one i can drive straight away, is to buy a cheapish one and build it up / repair it up for daily / track use

Has anyone else done this and how well did it go?!

182, SQ7, Trafic
It'll cost more to buy a standard one and get ready for track. Buy one with a few modifications that would of cost £1000 usually for a few hundred quid more.

Although if it's standard everything you do to it you know what you've done.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
That's what I was thinking of doing tbh but I can't find any with modifications done already and have it worth the price ! :(
It'll cost more to buy a standard one and get ready for track. Buy one with a few modifications that would of cost £1000 usually for a few hundred quid more.

Although if it's standard everything you do to it you know what you've done.
hats wat I

Although more expensive, part of the fun for me was buying a standardish 'work needed' car and making it my own, I loved stripping it to bits and doing it my way :smile: mine came with a brand new dephaser and timing belt kit in the boot so swung it for me.

Track 172 Cup
I paid 4k for my 172 cup with 59k and just had dephaser and belts done. Quaife LSD, BC coil overs, ITG maxogen, Powerflow cat back, braided hoses, solid engine/gearbox mounts, whiteline rear anti roll bar, Cobra buckets and harnesses and the Sabelt steering wheel.

I had thought about buying standard and modding myself but when I looked at decent 172 cups then thought what it would be to buy the bits and fit them I just seen @Chi and he sorted me out also liked the fact Birchdown had just done the belts and the quaife they were the 2 main reasons though.