ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of coming back

172 cup
I sold my 182 last November and bought an astra Vxr, I'm loving every minite of the Vxr but it's just bankrupting me, thinking of getting back into a 172 but think I might miss the power, how could I get around this???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What do you want more, money or power?

Having lots of power means more expensive to run. You can't have one without the other.

172 cup
Ye petrol ain't great, doing about 100 a week, but that isn't the problem, need gearbox refurb, 2 oil leaks, and maybe valve stem seals, yaaaay!!!!

clio sport ph 1
I also come back everytime . I feel i need to buy something more refined like a boring german .
But the thing is just to fun and very low service cost. It's an addictive car!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Do it mate. Missus keeps telling me to grow up, and that I look daft in a clio, 6' 4" and 17 stone of me. I know for a fact though, I want a cammed 172 or 182 next. I'll only have a small budget, 2.5k ish, and think there's not many more cars as cheap to run for the performance..

clio sport ph 1
They all laugh at me in my little clio with them big audi's bmw etc.. But I give them a run for there money and at very less cost .

FF Racing Blue 182
i like the vxr....had one up my hoop last week but didnt bite

for what the clio is its a fun motor

172 cup
Ye how much is it to cam a 182?, I would want to do it cheap ish but think il miss the straight line speed especially as mine 280 bhp