ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting a 197

G/W 200 and project Vdub
I want 2 get a new car some time next year and im starting to like the 197 more and more.
Has any one gone from a 182 to a 197? are they better?

Mk4 .:R32
pro's: bigger, better build quality, better brakes, updated interior, nice wheels, 6 gears

con's: not as raw (could be a good thing for some people), not as good looking imo, it's still a renault so the same dealer issues apply, worse fuel economy.

G/W 200 and project Vdub
you should consider other cars in the price range as well![/quote]

I have, but there not much that i like in the price range

cup 182 mit stripes
I agree, teddy-b. Not much excitement on the hot hatch scene since the 182 went out of production.

White 197
Go for it. I have unfortunately never had a 172/182 but I can say that we are totally satsified with out 197, so much so it is the first car I felt I wanted to spend money on and get it remaped.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Ive heard that the 197 is ever so slightly slower in a straight line than a 182 but they are v.gd on the twistys

clio 172 cup
save ya money u'll lose loads wait until there 3yr old 14k r woteva they are i could think of loads of better cars

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had 172's, 182's and tbh, the 197 is a massive improvement over both of them.

ST
Don't you just love the 197 haters...deary me, each to their own..

For those who haven't driven one and are passing judgement, have a word..

Hi dan x

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't you just love the 197 haters...deary me, each to their own..

For those who haven't driven one and are passing judgement, have a word..

Hi dan x

Hi sweetcheeks :)

The haters just don't understand mate. To live with day to day, the car is perfect imo. Quick, stable, cheap to run, comfortable and awesome handling abilities. What more can you ask for???

the 197 is much better than the previous RS's. i just personally couldnt justify the price tag for a clio..

i drove one when they first came out, so no second hand one anywhere

White 197
I think the price tag is ok if you get a good discount. Our import was £12,995 inc. met paint. Certainly at the time a Corsa VXR was ar least £15,995

cup 182 mit stripes
My brain was ruined by all the drugs I took in the sixties, but not to the extent I'd ever buy a 197.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Go for it. I have unfortunately never had a 172/182 but I can say that we are totally satsified with out 197, so much so it is the first car I felt I wanted to spend money on and get it remaped.

Your comment don't make sense, your satisfied yet it needed a remap :S

Should of tried a 182 ;)