ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting a Megane 225/230

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
So, I have a 182 for track which I love but always wanted a Megane 225 or a 230.

Are these as good on track as a 1*2? Would like the power to be about 260bhp-ish so nothing crazy!
Nearly bought one 4-5 years ago but went for a Focus ST as I loved the noise, Don't think there any good for the odd track day though

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, R26.

Came with a diff. Recaros as standard (although they’re not great for track tbh) and the little power hike to 230 although you'll never notice that.

More desirable and more sought after. Basically just the ‘scalpel’ version of what the standard 225 was (a bloated, stodgy hatch)

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
197/200 Is also tickling my fancy.

Cheaper and I assume less can go wrong engine wise

Clio 182 cup
How strange I've had exactly the same thinking process for the last week, I think I prefer the 200 over the lot

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
197/200 Is also tickling my fancy.

Cheaper and I assume less can go wrong engine wise
id have a 197/200 over the 225 any day.

problem with the 197/200 is they cost a bomb when they go wrong, gearboxes, exhaust manifold flexi, front hubs etc etc at least with a 182 the majority of issues are cheap fixes.