ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This has annoyed me for AGES!

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Doubt anyone can help as iv had it in a garge and they found nothing wrong, But you never know on here lol.

When i pull away from lights i feel like the drivetrain is shunting (engine, g-box mounts all new) like its moving.

Even when im at high revs on the motorway in 4th gear or 3rd gear and let off the gas its like somethings is shifting back and when i accelerate its shunting again, almost like when the top engine mount is broke.

Its a pain in the arse, I need to let off the clutch lightly or i feel like its slamming into gear with this shunt!

Please help!

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
They are all new mate, well 6 months old. When you rock, pull, twist the engine it barely moves.

Thanks anyway.

Megane 225 F1
How about the twisted dogbone mount? Mine is fucked at the moment and creates a lot of movement at high rev's.

BMW 118d
Have you fitted the powerflex bush kit too the doggone mount correctly? Have seen washers incorrectly fitted.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
It has a de-cat with a straight through.

Feels like the subframes loose or something, but its not lol.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
mine does this, but i havnt had chance to check my mounts yet, gonna get it on the lift tomorrow and check it out if i get time, il let you know if i find anything..

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Driveshafts?

I assumed that aswell at first but apparently they are tight and fine. The cv boot chucked grease everywhere but they back it and sealed i again and apparently that wouldnt cause this problem anyway.

slow 172 rep
you checked the ball joints? mine did this even if i was going like 2mph in 1st and took my foot off slowly, i would get a huge banging noise sounded like it was of the mounts but nout would move and it was my left ball joint. If this is a stupid answer sorry im a noobie :eek:

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
you checked the ball joints? mine did this even if i was going like 2mph in 1st and took my foot off slowly, i would get a huge banging noise sounded like it was of the mounts but nout would move and it was my left ball joint. If this is a stupid answer sorry im a noobie :eek:

I keep thinking its the ball joint but the garage its been in said its tight as a drum.

Yep, exact same as you've said mate, few mph or 70 mph and i lift off it will bang or jump, I might get the right one changed as the left one was done not long ago.

Dont be daft mate, You've given me some confidence lol, Cheers!