ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This is why i'm not an instructor anymore!

Renault clio 2005
This is why I have dual controls teaching learners on the road. Also the Instructor was panicking that can make the pupil panic as well. Instructor should look at pupils feet to see what is going on. This situation could have been avoided. However It must be a completely different thing teaching on a track to the public roads. Having said this a driving instructors biggest form of control should be voice. Dual controls are only there to prevent an accident.

Lionel Richie
When you are liable for the car you are instructing in (yes that is the rules) then your do whatever you can to stop the fucker! Hence why i rarely got in the really expensive stuff, no way in hell was i paying for a bent LP640, £8k for a bumper! If the owner of the company viewed you to be at fault as an instructor even though a customer is driving then you'd be paying for the damage (ie working for free until the damage is paid off!) the record so far is 900 hours unpaid work (approx £8k)

That's a bloody awful business model for employees lol!

The only thing I got told off for when I did my "track day" was changing down to second, for what was quite clearly a second gear corner, when he only wanted me to go down to third. I could appreciate his stance though I guess as they must get some right idiots who think they are Michael Schumacher trying to fly around there, who wouldn't be capable of anything other than planting their foot after/mid way through the bend lol!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
everycatracing_zps0a41b739.jpg

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Lol when he realises he's on the clutch, instructor did well to just say "less than an ideal situation" at the end haha