ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

this one or that one

:S i give up im confussed im stuck an just want a decent new laptop ive 500quid to spend on a 15inch laptop

that will better
c2d t7200 2ghz
2gb ram
160gb hdd
15inch screen
256mb nividia go 7600
2hours battery life

id like to feel ive actually upgraded after the nearly 3 years ive had this one :eek:

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Don't get a Mac.

You'll easy better that these days, for £500 you're probably looking @ 4GB DDR3 and an i5...or is that too optimistic?

1.5dci
Don't get a Mac.

You'll easy better that these days, for £500 you're probably looking @ 4GB DDR3 and an i5...or is that too optimistic?

Foudn a nice i3 for just under £500 on dells website for my aunty the otherday. iirc it had 4GB DDR3 and stuff too, was a nice machine

Don't get a Mac.

id have thought so to ram an hdd are not the issue its the processor their are still high numbers of c2d systems in that price range

id like an i5m but i dont really understand what it is an how it really is better then c2d but as it newer the impression would say its better

ive been impressed by the macbooks finish an specs everything ive seen an touched has felt underwhelming

Last edited:
  dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Well up your budget then?

RAM would be an issue, running DDR2 with one of the i processors is not advisable.

Also get Win7 64 bit.

C2D is an obsolete technology now.

thats why i will not touch another c2d system i know its passed it

id up my budget for the right system but im then looking at e retailers so i cant try before i buy

im worried im going to get stuck with a lemon or something i dont like :(

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
What wouldn't you like about it?

Tbh, if you really want performance, get a decent spec'd machine and budget £100 or so for a 30GB SSD running win7 x64. THEN you'll notice a difference.

What wouldn't you like about it?

Tbh, if you really want performance, get a decent spec'd machine and budget £100 or so for a 30GB SSD running win7 x64. THEN you'll notice a difference.

id like to know ive spent my money on something solid its got to feel it to reasure me ive not wasted money otherwise im not going to enjoy it :eek:

ssd sounds impressive but it just sounds like something i dont really need id get 3x more space with a normal hdd

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Go for a Toshiba laptop then. Top of the range, quality parts. You may get a better spec'd Dell/HP or Acer for similar price, but the quality won't be as good.