ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thought i would show everyone my new car :)

Looked although in the B&W pic tbh, perhaps do the wheels black.

Again, as above, lol at the self righteous comments from owners of a cheapo french hatchback.

I'm more amused at the anti-snobbery comments. OP posts a picture of a car that the first few posters dislike (myself included) and then we get the "give the guy a break", "you own s**t box £3k Clios" comments...

New Clio, Audi S3, Audi TT, new Clio again and an R32 are the cars owned by the first few posters; again, myself included.

It's a forum. You'll get opinions. Post yours.

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst I was maybe a bit harsh, I was atleast truthful.

Especially know I've seen the blue wheels, It is very chavtastic. Although having said that it is atleast better than the works van I'm currently driving.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I know nothing about corsas, how do the 1.8s go? I would imagine pretty good?

Fairly slow, my Saxo VTS was substansionally quicker.

Not a good drive either. Steering wheel is very light and gives no feel, the engine runs out of puff quick quick, they understeer quite badly when pushed too.

You could call them nippy I guess, but a 182 would eat one for breakfast.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not my cup of tea but can be made into cool wee cars.

A lad up in Lockerbie has a 600bhp+ one. Spins up in 4th and 5th. Rather comical.

clio 172
IMAG0288_zps1de20b88.jpg

just for the Renault love ahaha I don't mind people comments tbf each to there own had a clio sport as to why am a member here :)

Disastra Coupe
I'm more amused at the anti-snobbery comments. OP posts a picture of a car that the first few posters dislike (myself included) and then we get the "give the guy a break", "you own s**t box £3k Clios" comments...

New Clio, Audi S3, Audi TT, new Clio again and an R32 are the cars owned by the first few posters; again, myself included.

It's a forum. You'll get opinions. Post yours.

The point is we're on a Clio forum - meaning a large amount of us have owned a Clio at some point which in all fairness makes you no better than a person in a Corsa, it's still just a small hatchback.
I'm guessing if he own's a Corsa it's because he can't afford to run the likes of an S3, TT or r32.

But CS still seems to think that anything that isn't a German barge or a Clio is s**t. To call the Corsa for mod's would be silly aswell considering the norm here is to paint wheels, lower and fit higher OEM spec parts.

Not backing the lad up because it's a Vauxhall either, my Coupe isn't my first choice of car it's just there to be cheap to run!

The point is we're on a Clio forum - meaning a large amount of us have owned a Clio at some point which in all fairness makes you no better than a person in a Corsa, it's still just a small hatchback.
I'm guessing if he own's a Corsa it's because he can't afford to run the likes of an S3, TT or r32.

But CS still seems to think that anything that isn't a German barge or a Clio is s**t. To call the Corsa for mod's would be silly aswell considering the norm here is to paint wheels, lower and fit higher OEM spec parts.

Not backing the lad up because it's a Vauxhall either, my Coupe isn't my first choice of car it's just there to be cheap to run!

It being a small hatchback isn't the point I was making. I find the anti-snobbery comments amusing, especially the 3k Clio comment. My point was those who posted negative comments do not like something about the car, most likely the mods he has done, so posted an opinion of it looking chavy. I agree, and posted my view. I'm certain the OP does not need the anti-negative-comments brigade, jumping on the band waggon.

Disastra Coupe
It being a small hatchback isn't the point I was making. I find the anti-snobbery comments amusing, especially the 3k Clio comment. My point was those who posted negative comments do not like something about the car, most likely the mods he has done, so posted an opinion of it looking chavy. I agree, and posted my view. I'm certain the OP does not need the anti-negative-comments brigade, jumping on the band waggon.

But the negative comments were about as constructive as... Which is why i think people jumped on their backs for it. To quote a few:

Tidy looking Laguna.

Fingers crossed it's the SEAT in the background... if not, oh. And the bumper fits a treat!

No offence but this is the worst thread introduction to a new car i've ever seen.

Flol! It promised a lot.

Genuinely not what I was expecting. At least you'll get all the b**ches

Funnily enough all the most common posters on the forum. Because they're regulars it allows them to put s**t posts?

Not really my cup of tea as too many chavy types own these, shame as otherwise it's alright for a Vaux.

i was expecting bigger things if im honest.

But aslong as you're happy :)

I think it's ok. Sure bumper is personal taste but rest isn't anything different to Clio mods. I mean wind deflectors, darker standard alloys and a set coilovers don't give the lad such hard time.

Opens himself up to a future load of cs hatred.

That's how you reply to something like that. An actual constructive post rather than a "i'm a regular on the forum therefore everything i say is true and your car's s**t" kinda attitude. We all share the same passion for cars, why pull somebody else's pride and joy down in such a crap manner?

That's my view anyway.

Last edited:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Hold on... you can't say a RS Clio and a Corsa SRi are in the same league just because they are both small hatchbacks...

The Vauxhall is about as involving to drive as a canal boat, and is only marginally faster than one.