ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thought you might like to see...

MK1 16v
On Thursday last week at my bmw dealership i had an e46 bmw M3 with engine failiure so i got it pushed in and put it on my ramp i had a look at the engine with the car in the air and this is what i saw...

The con rod had come off the piston gone through the block, round the sump through a couple of oil pick ups and up the other side of the block you can see the con rod in the pic.

This was a year out of warranty but bmw have still paid for the engine for the owner because their motorsport engines should never do this.

Hope you like it

When I worked for BMW one of our customers fucked 3 E36 M3 Evo lumps through trackdays/nurburgring etc. He was hamfisted as a driver and mechanically inept and uneducated so was probably the result of serious abuse. But each time BMW replaced the lump FOC IIIRC they were about 15k at the time.

lift number 1 @ btm
no they won't!
because mine did that about 6 weeks ago on 35k.
disinterested doesn't do their response justice!