ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three A P606 XL tyre review

Ok so after @bloke posted his thread on these I took the plunge for my Mondeo as the RS3's where now at the end of there life (10k miles, mostly motorway, average speed 25mph). Paid £72 for 2 x 225/40/18 with next day delivery from EBay, initial thoughts where these are a bit poor, but once they'd done a few miles and the mold release had burnt off they've been spot on for the money, not got the ultimate dry grip of a premium tyre (obviously) but the difference is they don't roll over and piss on themselves like a puppy the way PS3's do when really pushed so should wear well. I've given them a good 300 miles now in both wet and dry condition on back roads, A roads and motorway and I'm surprised how well they perform, again for the money....

Done various braking tests from low town driving speeds to high motorway speeds in the wet and dry as this is where my concern was and they performed really well and I struggled to get the ABS to kick in and that's running the Focus ST bigger brake set-up with Brembo HC discs and Brembo OE pads. In all honesty I would say they aren't as good as the RS3's new for new but they aren't far behind at all and now the RS3's are going up in price they could be a good option and by the look of them should wear much, much better, plus I found the RS3's performance really tailed off once half worn, time will tell with these off course.

So anyone looking for some cheap/half decent rubber these could be a viable option for you, obviously I wouldn't recommend them for an all out performance car but like myself if you have a non-performance daily for commuting these will suit you just fine. I'd even be tempted to replace the RS3's I have on my wet track wheels with these, if I do I'll update this thread.

Three A v RS3 Costs delivered (EBay):

195/50/15 £30 v £40
205/45/16 £35 v £65
225/40/18 £36 v £65

I'm not the only one who finds them good for the money either:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Three-A/P606.htm

dan's cast offs.
i've not really driven much over last few months but the wife is happy enough with them still, been in the car with her and she is a bit 'nippy' in the wet on roads she knows and they do seem like a decent enough tyre.

the tyre snobs will be along soon to slate them though...

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just over £150 for 4 tyre's in 225/45/17 for the wife's Volvo S60.

Might give them a go and get her winter tyre's off.

Cheers for the review bud.

These came on the meg. At first I was a bit, uh get them replaced asap but like you say they're a good tyre.

They bite well and the sidewalls are good, no real rolling or squishyness when leaning on them.

Good tyre for the cash.

i've not really driven much over last few months but the wife is happy enough with them still, been in the car with her and she is a bit 'nippy' in the wet on roads she knows and they do seem like a decent enough tyre.

the tyre snobs will be along soon to slate them though...
Tyre snobs are here as predicted :D

Cant knock something if you've not tried it I reckon.

Probably made by one of the big brands just not stuck a name on em is all.

Spent 13 years in the bicycle industry and it was the same. I've ridden premium race tyres and budgets tyres and stuff in between. Sometimes you are just buying the name on the side.