ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle actuator bank 1?

Clio mk2 extreme 4
I know this is just as helpful as trying to diagnose over the phone. However I’m after any information on a throttle actuator.

I have a 2005 mk2 1.2 16v. Earlier I was parked facing up hill on a steep hill (not sure if this has any relevance) and when I went to start my car. The dash board lit up like a Christmas tree and the car went into limp mode. The diesel glow plug light was on, the ecu light was on and the engine light. This made getting up the hill very hard but I couldn’t stop. When I got to the top I pulled over and did the turn it off and on again. This time I was facing down hill (again might not have any relevance). When it started only the engine light stayed on. Got the code read at the garage and it came back P0638 which is a throttle actuator bank 1 which I’m presuming is on the pedal and bank 2 on the throttle body?

Since having the light cleared I drove maybe 5 or so miles to work which I know isn’t a lot but the light hasn’t come back on.

Anyone had these issues or know anything about the part and how much they cost to replace.

Cheers in advance