ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Boddies

Im Quite a novice when it comes modifying cars, well actually a complete novice. I have heard people talking about getting new bigger throttle bodies. Does anyone know what sort of improvements I would get from something like this if any and how easy are they to replace. oh yeah i have a 1.2 phase 1.

Revels Mum & Sister

Have a word with BenR mate. He knows his stuff

Although as its a 1.2 I wouldnt bother mate. You wont see huge power gains from modifying a 1.2 (Old Clio I presume???). Not sure if you can get a larger bore throttle bodie!!

Do the usual. Exhaust system, Induction kit/Replacement Filter. Not sure if its worth doing head work and chipping. Either buy a 1.4 or 16V if you can afford it!

ok mate cheers for the help. Ive got a peco powermaster and k&n induction kit with a de-cat pipe on its way.

As ive only just turned 18 and am still at school its i would struggle to insure a 16v. A 1.4 is possible but i wanted to try and get the most out of mine first.

PMed you back mate.

you wont be able to get much power from it, possibly 100 - 110 with lots of expensive work. And since that engine has not featured in any tuning circles, nor probably never been worked with to make serious power parts will not be available as manufacturer only build parts for cars that are economically viable.

Enjoy your car mate, save up and youll get faster cars as time progresses. Concentrate on older cars if you want cheap speed. Minis are a great source of speed for low costs and capacities.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Its not worth the expense of going with pukka Throttle Bodies on an old 1.2 8v engine. You might be able to transplant a slightly larger single body from a 1.4 or something, but this would be a bit hit and miss. If you want to go further than just the exhaust and filter, you might be able to get the ECU remapped for around £150 - £200 but its definately not financially viable to do anything else to it in my opinion.

Rick