ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodie BHP

330i. E30 Touring.
Varies from engine to engine.

Expect an approximate 20-25bhp increase without cams. Maybe 30bhp if you're lucky.

TrackCar & F30 330d
My 182 produced roughly 175 bhp standard and when I put jenvey throttle bodies on with 90mm trumpets it produced 200bhp & 165ft/lb of torque. Should be 205ish now I've removed AC, PAS and have a much better air filter/box.

Can vary quite a bit tho with the F4R engine

53 Clio's & counting
Bear in mind that generally all before/after readings are an approximate as even though that was done on the same rolling road before/after, so much can effect the power readings, from temperature, tyre pressure and wear, engine heat etc

53 Clio's & counting
If you have a spare £2500. Bear in mind the remap you would have just paid for would be wiped off - as it will need remapping again

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Hmm a bit too much then. Not sure what to do next really, maybe stage 2 remap?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
After exhaust, before remap.

And yes, it's a very good mod IMO. Have a look in tdf's traders section, they do a throttle body kit supplied, fitted and mapped.

53 Clio's & counting
There is no 'stages' in remaps - thats 15 year ago talk dude.Matched inlets, Ph1 172 airbox and a custom remap should net a genuine 175-180bhp

220 Trophy
I have the TDF ITB set-up and am really pleased with it. Along with exhaust and a few other bits my 172 is pushing out 202bhp and 175lbft.

220 Trophy
Would you recommend it space cadet?

Yes mate very much so and because part of the set-up is their EC1 ECU you have the ability to re-map should you add any cams and/or larger injectors, different exhaust etc etc in the future. Speak with Matt Faulks, he is an ECU boffin and genuinely great friendly guy and will go through all the options etc available. There is a thread in the TDF section with their ITB's, from memory I think there is actually a picture of my car with its ITB’s on it.

We removed the slam-panel so we could fit longer trumpets which gave the extra torque of 175lbft, if you didn’t want to do this I think you’d be looking at around 165lbft (you’d also have to relocate the radiator, remove the AC, the bonnet-release and fit aero-catches. In for a penny……!!)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thanks for your input buddy. I have been looking into it for some time now. I have seen the thread with your car in on TDF's section. Thats who I would want to do the conversion tbh, matts prices are very fair too.

ATM in the process of moving to a bigger house but when that's out of the way i have some pennies to spend on The 182.