ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
212bhp Only on TB's.

John's was the fastest mving mk2 172 until her modified it.

I've always loved this video makes me want to keep go and build a TB sleeper.

Very quick engine I think it say 150mph in Germany with more to go.

A well built VW
That thing is awesome on full pelt I'd forgotten i'd put that up was ages ago

Alan C iirc thats his username is doing something similar im sure

MKIII 138
sounds like an old aeroplane really nice gargle at low revs as it gulps in loads of air.

mint as anything ive heard :D

EvilJohn said:
Watched it loads and will keep watching it!

Hasnt WeeGad got this engine now?
Had the throttle bodies but was selling them soon afterwards to someone else I think.
They were very cheap though for the money they cost to make originally they would have ben a good buy to anyone wanting more power.

Lionel Richie
i mis that car :(, i remember doing 150 on GPS in it

that car was the first UK 172 TB car (Roamer paid all the development himself)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
nice.

ah well ill need to review my budget LOL. 212bhp tho it is so tempting.
You not tempted to plump for that in your engine 'update'?

BMW Z4 3.0i
That's nice, I wish they hadn't stuck SoaD over the top (or whoever it is) cos I can't hear the fecking clio!

I just noticed he's almost ruin out of petrol and his dashboard "STOP" light is illuminated.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
worthy kit for 4k, roll on crimbo time, best bit is on the rollers in the vid where you can just hear that heavenly engine, wouldve liked to hear the drive without the gay music, trouble is everybody puts music over their vids, if i wanted to listen to music id put on the ipod.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
how reliable are they in day to day operation, i have some major ££ burning a hole in my pocket, but not sure what to do....

oh hmmmmm

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
if i say was looking for around the 200bhp figure what parts would i need? already have filter de cat + zorst.....

drop me a pm with some rough prices and parts needed

cheers

BMW Z4 3.0i
gt_gaz said:
how reliable are they in day to day operation, i have some major ££ burning a hole in my pocket, but not sure what to do....

oh hmmmmm

get a house

TDI tyre shreader
gt_gaz said:

oh hmmmmm

Day to day dont bother the noise and mpg would be awefull plus they rnt very user friendly cold start etc..

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
cold start? normal enginer has to put up wi that?

perhaps tan in your mpg (20mpg) but you are bumping up the bhp + torque + *****ing around with the ECU

clio 200 F4Rt
a t/b setup mapped well will drive and perform as well as, if not better than a standard setup. as been said, its ALL in the mapping (well, and depending on cams you use!)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
as already said its all down to who's mapping it,if mapped properly there shouldnt be a problem as its accurate fueling

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
Chris K you having the 'basic' tb setup? or are you uprating other parts eg wossner?

2002 Clio Dynamic
Just hope my clio will sound and go like that once i actually get it back with the TBs fitted!!!!

Although it will be a bit heavier what with my bodykit and install!!

AlanC is thinking about TBs again i think unless something else pops into his head!! lol