ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle bodies

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 28 April 2005

what cost and bhp would u get on a 172? 200+ ?
Our Yozzasport cam package (using the normal inlet, albeit modified) brings the F4R (172/182) engine to just over 200bhp (plus a sh*t load of tourque)

Throttle bodies alone youre talking around 210-215bhp

Throttle bodies and YS cams = 220+ (guess)

Prices = £notcheap

Quote: Originally posted by Dancliovalver on 28 April 2005

some1 told me you need a 1.6 megane head for them to fit!!1

is this true or just c**k n bull
To get the GOOD bodies with proper runner shape and port alignment, you need the 2ltr megane F7R cylinder head.

You can run DCOE based bodies ont he std willaims/valver head casting, but its never quite as good.

All my throttle bodies undergo extensive flow testing and further development ontop of the std casting procedure. Substantial power is gained from the mods which i keep to myself............std just never quite cuts it anymore. On a std F4R, 215-220bhp on bodies alone

H

harryr34

I am thinking of going for throttle bodies soon on my mk1 172, what is the rough cost i should expect to pay?

Thanks

Harry

clio v6

big in takes mate...back to carbs...adjust the mixture to what you want...

me....ive gone for the 50 bhp Nos instead!!:eek:

It replaces the std inlet manifold which is always a compramise of design and manufacturing cost/ease.

ITBs increase the effective efficiency of the flow profile and allow the engine to breath with less resistance. The air has a simpler route to follow experiencing less expansions which kills flow. You also get the benefit of adjustable pulse tuning, which is using the pulses emitted at the valve closing event to naturally surpercharge the next intake event.

basically, they suck, but in a good way.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

kinda get what your on about, have never really got technacally into stuff but would like to learn alot more

ok maybe a stupid question but if you dont ask you dont know

so those horn looking parts at the front of the engine bay are the throttle bodies and are actually funnels sucking in air

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 April 2005

It replaces the std inlet manifold which is always a compramise of design and manufacturing cost/ease.

ITBs increase the effective efficiency of the flow profile and allow the engine to breath with less resistance. The air has a simpler route to follow experiencing less expansions which kills flow. You also get the benefit of adjustable pulse tuning, which is using the pulses emitted at the valve closing event to naturally surpercharge the next intake event.

basically, they suck, but in a good way.
So thats why everyone likes them so much! :p

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 28 April 2005

kinda get what your on about, have never really got technacally into stuff but would like to learn alot more

ok maybe a stupid question but if you dont ask you dont know

so those horn looking parts at the front of the engine bay are the throttle bodies and are actually funnels sucking in air
yes

Come and talk to me, Im the original and still the best ;-) and fitting can be organised too - Im the only guy on here to have ever got them on a 172 and got it running, I did the original development work which now everyone else is trying to sell.... but as I have the knowledge and the history.... well.... who else would you want to talk to?

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 28 April 2005

Come and talk to me, Im the original and still the best ;-) and fitting can be organised too - Im the only guy on here to have ever got them on a 172 and got it running, I did the original development work which now everyone else is trying to sell.... but as I have the knowledge and the history.... well.... who else would you want to talk to?
not anymore yer not, someone else has done this now too ;)

206 GTI

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 28 April 2005

Our Yozzasport cam package (using the normal inlet, albeit modified) brings the F4R (172/182) engine to just over 200bhp (plus a sh*t load of tourque)

Throttle bodies alone youre talking around 210-215bhp

Throttle bodies and YS cams = 220+ (guess)

Prices = £notcheap
Im interested to know a bit more about these cams. Who do i contact about it mate?

McBunny - its on an F4 engine... but not on/in a 172... theres yer clue ;)

Alan, Yoz and Fred do cams, dunno owt about em but the results look sh*t hot. I can only comment on the ones I have... not sure if BenRs AWT ones are the same or not, but my car easily outpaces new WRX boggo Imprezas too at any speed... and my pals 250+bhp Scooby classic is about a match for it, mine pulls immediately and hold it off 2 car lengths to 120+ on the private runway... thats not even timed in either. No idea what sort of power its making, dont care, all I know is that the base model turbo impreza are not even a challenge... nor are CTRs... upto any speed it seems... lol

Ben has designed and manufactured his own cams.

they are not the same as ours.

Bens Cams - he has had them made to his own specification.

y0z2aSport Cams - quite different, built to a different specification.

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 4/28/2005 1:29:55 PM]

either way, both cams whatever you go for will see a drastic increase in performance... ive been well impressed with every camd 2.0 ive seen so far.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 28 April 2005

McBunny - its on an F4 engine... but not on/in a 172... theres yer clue ;)
Renault Spyder avec le F4R engine in zee back, avec le bodies a la throttle!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 April 2005

yozzas cams are the F4R ones jon.
I know, I was talking about the F4 engine... the TBd one your doing! :D lol

just get cams is the low down... they rock :D

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 29 April 2005

Just to avoid confusion, a standard Spyder uses the F7R engine (i.e. Willy/Megane Coupe), not the F4R.
yup, this one is having the F4 with bodies and some other trick mods, should be interesting anyway!