ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Body Gasket

Not got a car
Is there a gasket there, i went to Renault to get one as i want to clean mine, Theres brown gunk everywhere, and they said there is not one there.

There must be something there.?

Throttle body to top inlet manifold.

Not got a car
Its the bit with the butterfly

Untitled-4.gif

PH1 172 Sport
^ Pikey method ;)

It works though as long as its done properly i.e not bunging loads of the stuff on there!

I was getting fed up of needing a new gasket almost every time I took the TB off to clean it as them seem to stick and rip when you remove them.

Titanium 182
It works though as long as its done properly i.e not bunging loads of the stuff on there!

I was getting fed up of needing a new gasket almost every time I took the TB off to clean it as they seem to stick and rip when you remove them.

That happened getting my new one out the packaging nearly !!!

Golf GTD Mk7
it is just 4 bolts and a sensor plug to take off?

Yeah, remove induction hose completely for better access, then take out the 4 bolts (13mm I think). This makes it easier to get to the throttle electric plug behind. Plus you'll be able to see how to remove it as the clip can be a pain.

ITB'd MK1
the plug is easy, but there's a method. Push the plug ON and hold it, then with a screwdriver, apply gentle pressure to the lock tab, release pressure from holding the plug on and you should have just pushed the plug off with the screwdriver ;)