ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body question

Stagecoach Ticket
Had a quick search couldent find much info not even sure its possiable but thought i would ask if anyone knows.

is it possiable to fit a larger standard style throttle body in place of the standard throttle body on a ph1 172 lump?
Has anyone done similar?

James

ITB'd MK1
jenvey body requires the plenum inlet enlarging and new threads drilling and cutting, also makes a masive difference to use the 100mm bellmouth

53 Clio's & counting
When I tested the air pressure in the mani, at full throttle the inlet want full, so in theory a larger t/b would allow more air in. But the problem is due to the larger opening, the car will be getting x amount more air, and tend to be very snappy as your getting more air in.

And as Danny said, they need a bit of work to fit.

So refere to Freds post lol

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
would you see much gain from it? do you think steve or £200 best spent else were?

Not sure TBH mate, Andy Cutler (GDI) did offer a package but that did include cams and it was supposed to be good.

As Danny says you'll have to port the inside of your inlets to ensure a good match but I'm sure the PH1 throttle body is the same square bolt pattern as the Jenvey, the fly by wire throttle body has a rectangular bolt pattern.

ITB'd MK1
Not sure TBH mate, Andy Cutler (GDI) did offer a package but that did include cams and it was supposed to be good.

As Danny says you'll have to port the inside of your inlets to ensure a good match but I'm sure the PH1 throttle body is the same square bolt pattern as the Jenvey, the fly by wire throttle body has a rectangular bolt pattern.

it worked well with cams indeed. none of the bolt patterns are the same sadly