ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle body troubles ph1 172

corsa ecoflex
going to work this morning and i noticed that the revs would not drop below 2k..so i took the air filter off and had a little clean of the throttle body put it all back together but still no joy..i then thought maybe its the throttle cable that was sticking but thats all fine...any ideas what could be the problem,its on a ph1 172

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had an air leak on the inlet manifold and it was ticking over at 5000 rpm.

It was the rubber o ring at the back not seated properly. Worth a look, afterall its free! :D

corsa ecoflex
dont think so...ive just seen a guide on stripping the tb so i might have another go tomorrow as it could be the spindle and spring inside the tb...oh and a new one from renault is £257+vat so i wont be getting one of them

RenaultSport 172
dont think so...ive just seen a guide on stripping the tb so i might have another go tomorrow as it could be the spindle and spring inside the tb...oh and a new one from renault is £257+vat so i wont be getting one of them

This happened to my TB tried the guide out made absolutly no difference.
Luckily whilst my car was in Ktec this week they got me a second hand one for £70.

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
just had this problem too. i hate it :(. its a bit better now after cleaning but if gets worse looks like it is the new tb :(

corsa ecoflex
ok so today i cleaned the tb again using a bit of carb cleaner,put a new gasket on,put it all back together,fired the car up and yep it still does the same thing as before..what else could this be thats causng the problem

ITB'd MK1
did you lubricate the spindle before re-fitting? cleaning it gets all the dirt out, but it also washes away any lubrication. A few squirts of WD40 or similar will help

53 Clio's & counting
i did this today and it didnt do anything..i left the tb to soak in carb cleaner for 6 hours....

did you lubricate the spindle before re-fitting? cleaning it gets all the dirt out, but it also washes away any lubrication. A few squirts of WD40 or similar will help

What danny said, you need to fully re-lube the spring, and the edges of the spindle inside the body mate? iv found its very important to lube the spindle fully, otherwise the butterfly will still stick