ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body vs pedal vs rpm plots... is it Knackered?

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
Hi guys... I am trying to find out if my throttle body is knackered or not, It may not be fully gone, since I have no revs sticking as I have read in other threads, although... the response of the engine between idle and below 2K RPM is very poor, it hesitates and seems to hunt, have done many parts before (plugs, leads, coil pack, engine loom, dephaser and timing, air leaks checked) I am between injectors or/and throttle body. HERE are the pictures of the readings from the CLIP, I have no other one near to compare, hopefully someone can get the same plots to compare.
I let it idle, then pressed very gently the gas pedal in increments of 1% of pedal travel, up to 17 or 18%, the lower limit on my car is programmed at 14%, the most unstable engine speed is achieved between 15 and 16% pedal travel, the engine goes up and down on rpms and feels rough...

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
y3edepu2.jpg

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
Average measured throttle position looks somewhat erratic 2nd plot, and if you look at track 1 looks to me very noisy... But I am not sure if it is normal. Anyone done this before?

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
You can see the oscilation in engine speed (880-1050rpm) when pedal is at 16% travel... This makes me suspect on the TB even more

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
I don't know it the TPS (internal in TB) is on its way and ECU trying to correct, or geartrain im TB is worn and TPS currently showing a mechanical problem... Either should be new TB.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Standard map? The clios idle quite rough on it, but the RSTuner map improves idling, and raises the idle limit to 1krpm.
@Dan@SJM will probably be able to tell if there's anything wrong though.

EDIT: I didn't see post 7 when I wrote that.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
CLIP takes its readings from the ECU data in order to plot these graphs. Whilst a picture paints a thousand words the volumes these screen shots speak aren't 100% accurate.

Ideally you need to repeat these tests with a scope on the pedal tracks as these spurious signals may be a direct result of old wiring and poor connections altering the waveforms.

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
Thanks Mick... I'll repea th test with an osciloscope and see how the waveforms look like. Engine loom is brand new, I'll re-check pedal wiring and potentiometer readings... Although I've noticed that after executing rz008 erasing throttle limits learning the car feels way better each time, after some miles star to feel laggy to pedal... Ummhhh