ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Pedal?

MK2 172 FF
Started the car this morning and it was idling at 2.5k, after driving the engine management light came on and it would rev above 3k

So when i plugged it into my RS Tuner, the faults shown were
'Inconsistency between track 1-2 pedal' and 'Throttle pedal position track 2' any ideas?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sounds like the same problem I had - Although I used clip to diagnose ;)

You will either need to replace your throttle pedal or your throttle body. When I changed my throttle pedal, it didn't fix the fault. I'm trying a throttle body tomorrow.

On a side note though, i found the car didn't go into limp mode (as much) if you use vpower!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
No way of telling, but with what the RS tuner brought up for you i'd be changing the pedal first, then TB if it doesn't fix

MK2 172 FF
Well I've just taken the plug out and sprayed it all with some WD40 and all is fixed now. ???????

RS RIP
Well I've just taken the plug out and sprayed it all with some WD40 and all is fixed now. ???????

for now mate, just for now

I did just the same last night and it cured my exact same problem. It WILL come back though :mad:

MK2 172 FF
hmmmm, looks like im going to be carrying my can of WD4 round with me for a while then

How do you know it 'will' come back?

172/1.2/E30
Could be a faulty connection of the pedal-plug, common problem with the non-sports. try soldering the connection, should be a black/yellow plug near the clutch pedal!

koi

Audi S1
Bump, just checked the codes on mine and it has this in memory. Did cleaning the connector on the throttle sort yours out long term?