ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Position Sensor Issue

German Barge
Following on from previous post;

Having had the RAC diagnose my fault as the "throttle position sensor" i ordered a new complete pedal unit from renault. Having fitted the new unit, the readings still showed maximum position at 63% :( as it was with the old unit on...

anyway, left the car running and decided to take it round the block to see if the management light came back on, but didn't even make it out of the car park before realising the delay between pressing the pedal, and the engine reving - it was almost a 1 second delay, no response what so ever.

put the old unit back on, and the response was back to normal

would this mean that there is a fault with my throttle body?

Megane 225+
dont mean to hijack, but I have very similar problem.

Had a new pedal unit fitted about 5 weeks ago.

Now EM light & limp mode coming on about once a week (last 3 weeks)- tends to be after a sudden bump in the road when I'm giving it some stick. Pull over re-start no probs till the next time.

Car then runs with no probs & no light

Edde - do you mean clean throttle body?

Any ideas?

Now EM light & limp mode coming on about once a week (last 3 weeks)- tends to be after a sudden bump in the road when I'm giving it some stick. Pull over re-start no probs till the next time.

Car then runs with no probs & no light

Edde - do you mean clean throttle body?

Yep clean the throttle body.

Sound smore likly you've a wire comming loose check the pedal has been plugged in correctly its not comming loose same for the other wires on the throttle body.

53' 172 Cup
i have had this problem also - it was going into limp mode with the electronic warning light coming on. cleaned the tb and it was fine.

172 cup
my 172 cup is in renault as we speak with same prob! Only had it 8 months! Cutting out/going on limp mode and EML coming on. Had throttle pedentiomenter replaced about a month ago and poss having throttle body replaced today! Hope it gets sorted as im loosing faith in driving!

German Barge
lol - ed, i am going to take it off and cleam it today... see if that helps... if not, then i will be trying a new one out.

do you need to replace any gaskets etc ed? ta chris.

German Barge
well i gave it a clean last night with gunk, and it wasn't "that" bad, but was quite a bit of gunk around the butterfly where it seals.

will pop it back on this evening, and see if it makes any difference.

German Barge
well still not tried it, as waiting for a new panel filter to arrive....

opened up the air box, and the ITG panel filter looked a little over oiled to be honest, and the airbox was all gunky (possibly what has caused the throttle body issue?).. so i have ordered a k&n replacement, as i have always sworn by these.

I will give it a shot when the new filter arrives and see what the outcome is...