ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Position Sensor

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
My Megane has a 2.0 16v VVT engine and has been causing me grief the last few days.

The EML light would come on with the electronic warning light and the revs would jam at 2k revs.

Would be fine for a while then do it again, Then last night it nearly put me through the window when it slammed down to 2k revs on a motorway.

Plugged it in and it's retunring:

Throttle Position Sensor Circuit
Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Open
Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Closed
Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Open(1)
Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Closed(1)

Any ideas before i set it on fire? :mad:

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
pedal or throttle body rogered, FBW i assume?

Sorry, FBW? :S:D

Whats the best way of knowing?

Just tried to see where my throttle body is by looking at pictures on here but it seems all of yours are at nearside of the engine. Mines is at the back at the windscreen?

Im really getting down about this now, I just managed to find a job after a year unemployed and now i've no money again. Why do i bother?

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Sorry, Yeah it is.

Just asked on another forum and people are saying its going to cost me £600? Im in the s**t now.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Haha Lambo it is then.

I'll have a look into it then and see what the garage says, Thanks again Fred.

£600 for a throttle body? they having a laugh? lol
you can get ITB's for not that much more.

i had this problem in my Clio just quickly run over each wire connection as the renault computer came back with something being loose and it was all sorted minus £80 out of my wallet :dapprove:

ITB'd MK1
is it the IDE? Pretty problematic. Quite a few faults that dont turn out to be what the fault codes suggest :( They have loom problems, faults with the VVT and EGR solenoids, and other seemingly random annoyances

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
should of kept the mini ;)
Lol, That went back at the right time. Sure i passed you the other day in Govan.
is it the IDE? Pretty problematic. Quite a few faults that dont turn out to be what the fault codes suggest :( They have loom problems, faults with the VVT and EGR solenoids, and other seemingly random annoyances

Nope, Sometimes the reg brings it up as an IDE but its just a 2.0 16v VVT, or F4R 746 as you all know it.

ITB'd MK1
ah that's lots simpler then. most likely pedal, throttle body, or a loom problem. Should be same throttle body as an F4R laguna. Small chance it's the ECU itself, but mush less likely

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Heres hoping.

When i drove it an hour ago , when the revs got to 5k it was like someone pulled the plug out the wall and it shunted when i took my foot off it was fine. Nightmare.