ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle problem (video)

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
well diagnostics back in april pick this up as a throttle posistioning sensor, but this is the 1st since then and now it keeps happening, searched the forum most of the night and got a few different things but since mine is a non rs model i hope someone can help, this video was took while driving note the warning light on, revs are limited and speedo not moving, car idles at about 750 rpm, also a few times ive had it start up and just stall, im not wanting to start of with try this and that then if thats not it its this etc service is long overdue, also as much info £££££££ wise
th_Videocar.gif

Last edited:
C

clvs2222

sounds weriod tbh mate. ummmm....... it idles well at just below 1k, which is normal. limited revs with the warning light on. im stumped. shame you wernt closer, could get the diag on it. on the sport, it goes into safe(limp) mode, but doesnt affect the speedo at all. could be an ecu problem.

Porsche Boxster987S
id get it to the garage asap. my old 1 had a similar issue and the solution was as simple as coilpack and spark plugs change

kic

sounds weriod tbh mate. ummmm....... it idles well at just below 1k, which is normal. limited revs with the warning light on. im stumped. shame you wernt closer, could get the diag on it. on the sport, it goes into safe(limp) mode, but doesnt affect the speedo at all. could be an ecu problem.
ive had the speedo working while in limp mode too, its so inconsistant it does my head in, ran fine about 2 hours ago after it done this now its tits up again

kic

reading alot of stuff the now, and i think / hope its a miss-fire as the toxic jobby light came on earlier but away now????

1*4 phhslow
mine did this ended up being 2 coild had gone i left it and drove it like a muppet i was and ended up now having to buy to engine mounts were the car was vibrating so much and rocking everywere....

kic

all seems well, £206 later apperently it was the ECU tamper box rubbing on the wires one was almost cut through wires been repaired and covered in rubber, got it serviced too and got an advisory done for the track rod end,
£83.20 labour
£30 for diagnostic test,
£59.70 parts
£2.50 consumables
VAT £30.69

still have the abs fault though as i will need 2 new drive shafts and apperently the ABS rings aren't available as individual units even though i have 1 lol but that must be for a sport plus its almost impossible to swap them over, approx £250 supplied and fitted for the driveshafts but that will have to wait