ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tick tick tick tick and some more ticks

alfa gt jtd
hello everyone, new to the site having just bought my first clio.
So, I know that people have already posted about a ticking noise from their cars but none are similar to mine. I have a ticking noise that happens when driving, it disappears when foot is taken off accelerator, isn't there when driving at constant speed but it comes when pedal is pressed to pick up speed.
any suggestions would be great cheers

alfa gt jtd
its a faint ticking noise doesn't do it when idle just when accelerating cant hear it with radio on lol. but when you know its there you always listen out for it and notice it. plus it stops soon as foot is taken off pedal.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^they never fail

need a video really

They definitely do. My 35k 182 was tappety and I had the tappets replaced. Sorted it. KTEC also said it was extremely rare for them to fail but Renault diagnosed it and my local independant too. All quiet again now :cool:

Evo 5 RS
They definitely do. My 35k 182 was tappety and I had the tappets replaced. Sorted it. KTEC also said it was extremely rare for them to fail but Renault diagnosed it and my local independant too. All quiet again now :cool:

Your house and savings says it comes back

alfa gt jtd
still taping, a friend of mine says it could be heat shield on exhaust so when i put power on it then rattle or taps against it slightly. suggestions?

alfa gt jtd
engine light now on!! cant be good. would tappets make the light come on? what about belts could it be one of them?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Sounds to me like you have a spun shell. Engine light could be lack of oil pressure.have you had someone check to see of its a bottom end knock.

alfa gt jtd
rang vw garage where i bought it earlier, they cant look at it for another 2 weeks as i need a loan car for work. they said if it running fine (which it is other than the noise) i should be ok driving it still. its the exhaust gas monitor light that has come on. so would a dodgy cat make the tcick/tapping sound and make light come on?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Oh interesting. It may be a crack in the manifold then. That would cause a tick noise, and i guess it would throw the o2 readings out.