ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking/Knocking on dci

Clio dCi 100
Had my dci 100 since december and recently its been making a knocking/ticking sound when cold. I can hear it most when I accelerate then back-off a bit. It seems to be coming from the engine bay. I know renaults make strange noises in general but this seems to be engine linked :(

Thanks for any help,
Andy

Mine has just been doing the same thing (65bhp model though) Just had it serviced last week so should be alright. I first heard the sound when parked up at KFC, seemed like it was coming from around the dash on the passenger side. Opened the bonnet and found it was from the engine - been running fine though other then that and the sound seems fine form outside

Clio dCi 100
Umm not really sure how else to describe it. It had a service 3500 miles ago. Oil level is fine.

Its like a pinking sort of knocking and only hear it when the engine is cold. If I accelerate upto say 30mph ish then back off and let it coast to about 20mph or keep a neutral throttle you can hear it most.