ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ticking noise

Clio 172
Hello guys i have a ticking noise when idleing and when i rev it to, i have checked the oil and that seems fine, but the oil hasnt been changed for a while too, the ticking noise seems to come from the oil filler cap area but i havent taken the engine cover of to have a proper look as im unable to get it off lol all my belts have been changed apart for the dephaser pully! the ticking is still there when i drive the car?

and also i know this might sound silly buti need my resistor pack changing and i havent got round to it which i will be doing on thursday could that be a cause! cheers guys

if the ticking is coming from the drivers side front wheel arch its the carbon canister and its totally normal, its got a little solenoid in it that moves back and forth causing the sound.

You know what they say about assumption.

Try unplugging it first to ascertain if it is indeed that which is causing the problem.