ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Alone

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well as some users (only a few) know that on monday my mother was rushed into hospital and she is very unwell and not getting any better and i have spent almost every day and night with her. My aunt suggested that i relax today and have some time on my own so i decided to relax and get the Trophy out and spend the day cleaning it.

Now i am no detailer so it is not by any means as clean as i want it to be. There is a fair few swirls that need buffed out and i am in the process of talking to someone who is possibly going to spend a lot of time to get this paint work back to its glory.

I did however try and polish up the Mk1 Yozza exhaust and clean under the bonnet but once again i have other bits to be powder coated and put under the bonnet to give it that cleaner OE look.

I am also aware that there is two Turini's on the front and two 172 wheels on the back. As the car is not getting used and its not on the road I'm not too fussed what wheels are on it but the 172 alloys will end up on it (Haters going to hate once again)

Feb01.gif

Feb05.gif

Feb06.gif

Feb07.gif

Feb08.gif

Feb09.gif

Feb10.gif

Feb11.gif

Feb12.gif

Feb13.gif

Feb14.gif

Feb15.gif

Feb16.gif

Feb17.gif

Feb18.gif

Feb19.gif

Feb21.gif

Feb22.gif

Feb23.gif

Feb24.gif

Feb25.gif

Feb26.gif

Feb27.gif

Feb28.gif

Feb29.gif

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Car looks lovely mate.

I hope things get better for your mum mate, I really do.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
A sponge?

The small polish sponge from Auto Smart are really good and easy for putting polishes on.

I have always used them as they are small enough to pop in the palm of your hand and can be washed out after.

Thanks for all the comments on the car but as i say i want it 100 times better & thanks for the comments about my mother.

Cheers

Monaco
As a fellow non-detailer I know how satisfying getting a clean like that done is, even if its not "clean" by the standards of most OCD detailers. Hope it helped take your min off things.

172 wheels on a trophy will look fantastic IMO. Bold move, I like it. Maybe a more OEM headunit in the future too?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Very tidy Marc. Looks lovely that. Hope things progress more positively for your family.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah like that. Sponges from those guys are good to use. Sorry to hear about personal stuff mate