ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing belt clarification

182 Full Fat
Hi,

Just had 36k servuce on my 04 plate 182 (low mileage I know!) Within this service the Cambelt is changed i believe. However do I also need to get timing belt changed at the same time? i assume if so this isn't part of the service? Also is there a third Auxillary belt? Any help appreciated

Cheers

200 FF Storm Grey
Thought it was 38k service this needed chaging, only got 1000 miles left then, better get saving :( Is it ok to run it over by a thousand miles or so?

182 Full Fat
timing belt IS cambelt. The aux belt is changed in the 36k service, not the cambelt

Cheers knew I was getting muddled somewhere! So ideally i need to get Cam belt looked at now? Any ideas on cost please people? Also was advised that rear pads are 80% worn so will have to get another set of them! Assume discs will be fine though.

PH1 172
Nelson182 - Just to let you know if your car has never had the belts done before then you are going to need both the Cambelt (Timing belt) and the Aux belt doing aswell because your car is 5 years old.

Service interval for belts:

36k or 3 years = Aux belt

72k or 5 years = Cambelt and you may aswell do the aux belt again to save money while the garage has access.

Thought it was 38k service this needed chaging, only got 1000 miles left then, better get saving :( Is it ok to run it over by a thousand miles or so?

50/50 - It could snap and take out your cambelt belt and fook your engine or on the other hand you will be ok for those extra 1000 miles and get away with it.

WANTED Arctic 182
Nelson182 - Just to let you know if your car has never had the belts done before then you are going to need both the Cambelt (Timing belt) and the Aux belt doing aswell because your car is 5 years old.

Service interval for belts:

36k or 3 years = Aux belt

72k or 5 years = Cambelt and you may aswell do the aux belt again to save money while the garage has access.

5 Years for the Aux Belt aswell AFAIK

182 Full Fat
Yeah just had 36k done and was told 5yrs or 36k for Aux belt, so that has now been done, however it was mentioned the cambelt (timing belt) will also need doing now it is 5yrs old. Any ideas on cost for this cambelt change anyone? Thanks

WANTED Arctic 182
Should have got both belts done together as most people say that it's best to change the Aux Belt when changing the Cambelt. Probably around £300 for a cambelt change if you're lucky?