ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing belt

2005 liquid yellow 182
cheers, im on 59,000 at the min and was thinking about changing all belt next month as ill be running a turbo conversion around june july, thought i best change em before hand!

172 SPORT PH2
Didnt renault reccomend a timing belt change at 36,000 miles???

How much does it cost?? to change.. im hearing around 1500 pounds!?

ITB'd MK1
are you going for rods and pistons with the turbo conversion or having the low-blow kit? if it's having internals, just have a belts done then.

2005 liquid yellow 182
ermmm im not to sure on the price as i use a private mechanic and tends to do it a little cheaper. but i can imagine a renault dealer will charge alot of pennies to change one

ITB'd MK1
Didnt renault reccomend a timing belt change at 36,000 miles???

How much does it cost?? to change.. im hearing around 1500 pounds!?

Aux belt is 36k. and OMG even renault wouldn't charge that much (would they???)

We're a little over £400 for cambelt and aux belt on an aircon 172/182

2005 liquid yellow 182
wher are u based (if ive read that message write( or right) LOL)

also ive noticed a slight squealling, nothing major and cud be to do with having my cup lowered on coilovers, but cud this noise be caused by a belt? or am i being paranoid?

2005 liquid yellow 182
nice. if my mechanic aint intrested (as he can be abit funny sometimes) ill give u guys a looking.

Mk2 Ph2 1.4 16v Dynamic
i paid £310 last week on a 03 1.4 16v thats tensoiners, belt, water pump, the heap done but im sure its over £400 for a 172 182, was done by a renault mechanic timeserved who owns his own place now

I paid £430 on Mon this week for, aux kit/cambelt kit
at Jamsport in Northampton. Very good price and service.

Clio 182 - 428 CatCams
Mine failed at 23k - 4 Years . So i would strongly recommend 36k / 3 Years. Even though Renault suggest 72k / 5 Years.

Clio 182 cup
My timing belt just failed at 39k, 4 1/2 years.
car with dealer now, Had car from new, full renult service history.
-head skim
-16 valves
-cam shafts
-cam followers
£3126, I have to pay 19% of the bill, renult warranty 75% dealer 6%.

Would love to know how many have failed early?
If it is as many as i think, why not do a vauxhall and reduce the time or mileage?

My advice would be. get it done.
When i get my car back and if it ever runs again once they are finished with it,
its never going to feel the same.

Clio 182 cup
If your belt has failed early, get on to Renult customer service, keep calm, let them know how much you loved your car, how getted you are that the belt has failed and dont let them get away with it.Will help if you have full Renult service history.
At the moment I will pay around £600 of a £3126 bill.

but "i have to remember that i would have had to have changed the belt in march anyway".
Thanks Renult for those words of comfort.
This is not the way i had planed on changing my cam belt! :-(