ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing out

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
Just had both belts (kits) replaced due to to a cambelt failure. Seems like the engine timing is now out and i'm pretty certain the garage that did the work wont have used the specific locking tools. How much would this cost to sort and what would it involve? Alt belt off, then cam cover off to set position etc?

BG182®
When you say cambelt failure do you mean snapped while driving?

If it was me, I'de consider taking it back if I thought the job was done wrong.

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
When you say cambelt failure do you mean snapped while driving?

If it was me, I'de consider taking it back if I thought the job was done wrong.

Thats exactly what happened. I would take it back to the garage but if they haven't got the specific tools the car will be the same.

My dad sorted the repair for me (which i wasnt impressed with) and then collected the car back as i was on holiday, in order to get the job as cheap as possible he paid cash which meant there was no paper work for the repair. So not sure what the garage would say if i took it back anyway. Bloody know all parents!!

A

ashy_gtt

you could just time it up to tdc and pop the end caps off to check that the timing was right?

2005 Nissan Navara
if its out, you'll have to lock the crank, slacken pulleys and re-align cams. pretty much the full job tbh.

get Sideways danny on the job, he'll have it sorted..

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
Yup then bung 2 new caps in if als fine, What makes you think its out anyway?

Idle seems 'lumpier' than it did before and it hasn't got the same kick when hits 5000rpm. Feels like it's down on power, feels no quicker than my old 130bhp Punto Sporting at the moment.

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
sounds like it's been timed up wrong for sure. Not really surprised. Drop me a PM if you do want me to sort it for you :)

Yep it does. Thanks mate, but it's booked into NW Performance to be done Friday. Just want it sorted now, miss the power.

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
i'm better looking and i'm in Birmingham, nice try Danny ;)

EDIT - i'm in birmingham you madman!

I emailed you the other day regarding this and you never replied!! Me and the mrs are in the Northwich area on friday and Ryan can do it the same day so I booked it in.