ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing out.

Monaco Clio 172
My timing is out very slight so im adjusting it. What i need to know is how do i rotate the cams to time them up.

Monaco Clio 172
Yeah. I did the dephaser last week. I just need to know how to rotate the cams because they out.

Lotus Elise
"you have to fit the belt, tension it, then spin the whole lot backwards, then fit pulley tool, torque inlet and exhaust, remove tools spin engine forwards 3/4 times, pin crank (in the correct slot, check flywheel mark for reference) then fit the horse shoe using a maximum of 3 fingers, not forcing it in and saying "yeah that's right"

Fred@BTM, 2012

Monaco Clio 172
I havent undone the belt yet because the horseshoe wont go in. the crank pin is in and ive checked against the flywheel. The pulley tool is on.

Monaco Clio 172
so do i remove the belt and turn the cams to get the horseshoe in ?????
or will the valve springs spin them way out

Monaco Clio 172
ive done it but after turning the engine by hand the horseshoe still wont go in as said with 3 fingers

"you have to fit the belt, tension it, then spin the whole lot backwards, then fit pulley tool, torque inlet and exhaust, remove tools spin engine forwards 3/4 times, pin crank (in the correct slot, check flywheel mark for reference) then fit the horse shoe using a maximum of 3 fingers, not forcing it in and saying "yeah that's right"

Fred@BTM, 2012

So there is more than 1 crank locking slot??:S

HBT 172 Cup
I always check true TDC by removing spark plug on #1 cyl and putting a long skewer down and watch its travel until its at its very peak, easy then and you wont mistakingly put the crank pin in the balancing hole.

Lotus Elise
there is a mark on the flywheel which will line up with one on the g'box casing. That is the best way to check IMO