ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tints

Anyone had there windows tinted?? how much is it for a hatchbackand more importantly how muchpolice attention has it drawn??

Costs round about £200-230 to have it done well! Police attention will be limited so long as you dont limo tint your front windows...cos thats illegal....and police wont like that....at all!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

There is a new deal being finalised with a tinting company for cliosport members. Should have more details within the week. The deal is with Pentagon.

BMW 320d Sport

Im not the legal expert on this but I was pretty sure that any kind of tint, even light smoke/grey on the front side windows, when put over the original factory tint, will go below the legal light transmission amount.

Maybe coppers wont make such a fuss if they see you driving around with a lighter tint, but I dont think if you *were* actually stopped by the police you would get away with it.

Im still doing it anyway, I fancy medium smoke all round. Except the windcreen obviously. And a limo tint on the sunroof.

legal limit is about 33% tint on front sides, no more than 5% on windscreen (not recomended coz the bab will pull you regardless) and whatever you like on the back and back sides.... police have been isseued with light testers at many cruises to test so dont go above this.. also ask when you are getting it done bcoz they will know more than me.

also if you have limo tints at the back make sure your wing mirrors are fine coz the car will then be classed as a van and all the same regs apply.... one more idea is to get coloured tints as they tend to be less dark whilst still looking cool... but expect to be pulled anyway coz its easyer than finding people who have commited crimes (not to mention more lucrative!)

luke

£200 - £300 !! your being ripped off!!
i can get mine done for £140 - £160 excellent proffesional job from south coast tints. done in about 2 - 3 hours aswell!!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

BenJ you got a number for this firm please ? Also when they tint the windows do they take the windows out a dip them as I know some comanys do as it is easier than fitting film across them...

Cant see you gettin a really pro job for less than £200!!!
May look good at 1st but give it a year or so then you will see how good the job is.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Just spoke to the guy at Pentagon. ClioSport members will get a 20% discount. Am going to speak to him again tomorrow because I am going to get my car tinted, so if you want to see how mine turns out, watch this space...

I cant see how you can get a decent tint for less than £300, unless it peels off after a year or 2.

BMW 320d Sport

OK go for it Jas, whereabouts is this place, Im definitely up for it come the summer. And 20% is a wicked discount as well.

my mates used them on many a car. top job. never had any problems, i believe they film not dip, ill try find the number cause i gotta get mine done soon.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

oh, and thanks to Leigh for sorting the discount out.

Nick, I think its dagenham or that area. But they have branches all over the UK.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Im getting mine done on Saturday, so hopefully get some new pics on the website within a week.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Im well pleased with them. Im waiting on the guy to send me the photos he took afterwards with his digital camera, and Ill post them up. I can highly recommend the company!

Does that also give you the security that makes the windows hard to bet through from the outside?
How much was it if you dont mind saying?

Tony

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Normal tinting doesnt give any extra protection. There is an extra cost involved if you want the smash-proof film. The member prices will be going up on the site tomorrow.