ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tints

rsturbo and a xr3i

ive just phoned my insurance company to ask how much my policy would go up if i was to tint my windows and she said £22 but she also said its not something you can do yourself it has to be done by a professional , now silly me forgot to ask but will they be wanting to see a reciept for these tints ?? has anyone else come across this when declaring tints

cheers mandy

BMW 320d Sport

If it ever comes to it and you crash coming out of a junction, and they decide not to pay because you applied the tints yourself and didnt get it done professionally, then yes, they will want to see a receipt.

I doubt theres anyone on here whos tried to do tints themselves who hasnt regretted it and ended up having to get it done properly by an expert. Me included.

rsturbo and a xr3i

no im not gonna try and do it myself lol i can imagine them going all bubbly :cry:but there is a place nr me that does tints cheap and they do a good job but its cash in hand so no reciepts. but might be better off paying the extra and getting a reciept :) then everything is all above board

rsturbo and a xr3i

Quote: Originally posted by NeiLD0wN on 04 April 2005

just out of interest how much would tints cost for the newer shape ??

talking all windows except front.

i was quoted ages ago for just the back and side windows to be done and i was quoted £130 that was from a well known tinting company near me , but this other place that i said could do them cheap would do them quite a bit cheaper than that , i dont know how much it would be tho for all the windows to be tinted , im not gonna risk having them all done only to be told by the police to take them off IMO it would be a waste of money cause you could get pulled a day after they were put on :(

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 04 April 2005

If it ever comes to it and you crash coming out of a junction, and they decide not to pay because you applied the tints yourself and didnt get it done professionally, then yes, they will want to see a receipt.

I doubt theres anyone on here whos tried to do tints themselves who hasnt regretted it and ended up having to get it done properly by an expert. Me included.
insurance companys never want to pay out anyway! and is rare when they do:cry:

I bought a set this afternoon, putting them on myself, light smoke on the front and dark smoke at the rear, £79.98 for pre cut tints for the Clio via Halfords. All the windows but the front screen. If youre adding to the security of your car etc they should be praising you not taxing you.