ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tires for non Sport Clio III ST 16"

Hello

I was searching in this subforum but did not find a answer to my question:

I had the Canasta Rims in my Clio Sport Tourer (Or Grand Tour or Estate or Break) but I will change it for the Speedline Turini. Still I will put new rubber on it but for the size (195/50/R16) I did not find many manufactures of sporty tires.

Basically I was seaching and found:

GoodYear Eagle F1;
Vredestein SportTrak 3;
Toyo Tires T1-R.

My big problem in this 3 tires is that the Eagle F1 and the T1-R they are mid-soft compound, something that with the weather in Portugal (averages of near 26ºC in the Mid Summer) will simply melt on the tarmac. Which one you recommend or you have other suggestions for me to consider?

Not a 320d
Can you consider 205/45/16 ?

This may give you a bigger range of tyres tho look from.

I moved from a set of Pilot Primacy's (195.50.16) which were pretty hard, to a set of Hankook V12 Evo's (205.45.16) 2 weeks ago. They are pretty good. Just had my first dry road blast with them today and they handle very well. Not sure what to make of the compund. Perhaps a little soft as you put it.

I wouldnt go for T1R's as they are pretty b****cks but I dont know what you want from tyres, or how you drive your car.

I consider I drive sporty but not race drive. I do not mind if the compound is soft or medium-soft, I prefer to change tyres in less KM that have a tyre that lasts forever but then is not a safe one in terms of braking.

The idea of the 205/45/16 are good (I already had searched about it and see that lots of brands have that size) but needs to be written in the registration book after I had a letter from Renault, and Renault does not approve this size.

Just to see, my reg book has 2 sizes only: 185/60/15 (Spare tyre) and the 195/50/16. I do not know how is this matter in UK, but in Portugal most of the changes I see here (Roll bars, Bigger Wheels, Swap for a bigger Engine even stripping the hole car) are expensive in terms of legal affair nor even impossible to be road legal. You even had the money to do it, for the parts and change, but then you will lose 3 more times (in taxes mainly) just to put it road legal without any warranty that they will approve plus time consuming (more that 8 months for a reply).

Not a 320d
I dont think we have those issues here in the UK, sounds like a bit of a problem then. I have a similar driving style.

Eagle F1 (GSD3) were good, however, they are now manufactured by another company and they are not the same anymore, I have heard the new ones are not as good as they were. Is it possible to get the new Eagle F1 Asymmetrics as this is a very good tyre.

Toyo T1R has soft walls, if you go fast round corners it wont feel great.

I have heard good things about rainsports.

I've been on the phone with Renault Nissan Portugal and no chance to put the 205/45/16 size road legal. Only way is to go directly to a company that does the testing fitting the measure you want to reg and do some test to see if really fits without any problem. Will do it in a near future before I need to buy new rubber (the ones I have hold at least till next service and I've done the last service in December 2010).

Instead of creating a new thread for this question, I will use my old one.

With the accident, I had the opportunity to change my Rear and Front Disks and Pads. I will putting some Brembo HC discs and EBC pads. Plus I will do some upgrade to my braking system and will fit the Goodridge Brake Lines plus DOT5.1 brake oil.

Now the problem: I was seaching online, in lot's of forums plus on Goodridge website, my car did not come in the specs, so I do not know which brake lines I should buy. Some say that the 197 ones will fit (my car as stated above have brake disc system in both axles) but will be overrated (no problem for me). I just really want to know if they really will fit? Did any one know or had tried? If not, which one do you recommend/what is the right part no. for my car?

Best Regards

Instead of creating a new thread for this question, I will use my old one.

With the accident, I had the opportunity to change my Rear and Front Disks and Pads. I will putting some Brembo HC discs and EBC pads. Plus I will do some upgrade to my braking system and will fit the Goodridge Brake Lines plus DOT5.1 brake oil.

Now the problem: I was seaching online, in lot's of forums plus on Goodridge website, my car did not come in the specs, so I do not know which brake lines I should buy. Some say that the 197 ones will fit (my car as stated above have brake disc system in both axles) but will be overrated (no problem for me). I just really want to know if they really will fit? Did any one know or had tried? If not, which one do you recommend/what is the right part no. for my car?

Best Regards

Anyone?