ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanfall

S2H

RS Clio 200
Multiplayer only = Awesome!

Means they will have put all resources and time into that. And not some "crumby linear scripted QTE single player graphics not gameplay campaign". Wish they did this with BF4

Evo 5 RS
I like both, but a game like Titanfall is always going to be multiplayer. Quite like Hawken actually too, not played that for awhile.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I hope they charge for this though - not give it away free and then have you pay for your own uniform, canteen, mag pouch, gun, name or pink hat.

I agree with Munson to an extent. I only ever buy the COD titles for the SP campaign mode. When done right, there are some great set pieces and an in-depth storyline to follow.

​D.

Evo 5 RS
It does seem that Call of Duty has a much deeper (although not necessarily any good) plot element to it than the Battlefield games. BF3 campaign was pretty awesome to look at but did seem like an afterthought.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes SP player games are good, but this has been designed as a MP game so if that's what your after look elsewhere Roy! It's like criticising a 4x4 for not being a convertible.

Personally I never play the SP in FPSs anymore, and if I do it's out of a sense of obligation rather than wanting to. This looks awesome to me - always a sucker for giant robots and it adds a novel twist to the gameplay too.

My only concern is that, potentially, it might be similar to Destiny - but both look great to me!

S2H

RS Clio 200
The key thing here is that they balance the amount of mechs allowed and how often, or you could just end up with a team full of mechs sitting at the back playing defensive.

Also I've had a look at Destiny and I have to say I don't think I like it. Titanfall looks much better in my opinion.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah they are a tactical weapon - think each player gets one per level you can call in when you want - so do you bring it in early to get some early kills and risk being swarmed, or wait until late on when everyone else has used theirs?

Not seen any info on this yet but I assume you can customise your mech - in the same way you can make a custom class in COD or BF. If so having different soldier and mech classes adds another tactical dimension.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The key thing here is that they balance the amount of mechs allowed and how often, or you could just end up with a team full of mechs sitting at the back playing defensive.

Also I've had a look at Destiny and I have to say I don't think I like it. Titanfall looks much better in my opinion.

Very good point. However, if they manage to balance the vehicles/mechs with opportunities for the standard grunt to inflict serious or even fatal damage on them, then that should even things out.

They must also have an ammo count or overheat function if mainly armed with energy weapons. Again, sounding like a broken record - DICE got the vehicle balance bang on with Battlefield 2142 - then totally funked it up with the infinite ammo and self-repairing aircraft. To this day I cannot believe what the F they were thinking with that?

Vehicles/mech should be a game changer. Used well, they should support the infantry or hardened opposition, just as the infantry should support their accompanying mechs. Used badly (i.e. Rambo-style) - they should be wiped out in no time. That will be a good tester of whether or not the devs have got the balance right.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
It looks pretty balanced from what I've seen - it's not like the mechs make it ridiculous, the battles seem very dynamic and lots of gameplay possibilities. I like the parkour style abilities of the soldiers too - seems very interesting.

Some nice touches too - such as being able to squash enemies when you call in your mech. There's definitely going to be an achievement for that!

Evo 5 RS
It looks pretty balanced from what I've seen - it's not like the mechs make it ridiculous, the battles seem very dynamic and lots of gameplay possibilities. I like the parkour style abilities of the soldiers too - seems very interesting.

Some nice touches too - such as being able to squash enemies when you call in your mech. There's definitely going to be an achievement for that!

Not sure if they took it out, but that used to annoy me so much in Planetside 2 lol.

I completely missed this game until a mate told me about it yesterday

It looks a lot like mechwarrior meets tribes (for the older pc gamers amongst us) - and they were 2 of my favourite games of all time - so I'm pretty excited!!

played it at eurogamer and it was my favourite game there!

they took you through some massive buildup, like boot camp kinda thing, and when we got into the game, it was the multiplayer campaign and it was very well constucted, for instance the whole respawning was more troops dropping in, and not just appearing at a spawn location, the titans were very fun, darting round the streets and s**t, the player movement was incredible, being able to cross the map without touching the floor, it adds a whole new aspect to 'hes behind you' as you literally have to be on your toes all the time

we played the pc version of the game and it looked very good and what we played was seamless

my favourite part of the game was the end, when the loosing team have to retreat into aircrafts, the winners can keep racking up kills whilst chasing the defeated through the streets

i cant wait :)

This looks superb! I'm defiantly going next gen or pc on this one. Waiting too see how the steam no fairs too.

1.8 Civic EX
I can't decide if I'm looking forward to this or not.

My concerns are (unless I've missunderstood something) that the campaign is multiplayer too, so there is no true single player mode?
That it has people working on it that used to work on the COD games and we all know they were s**te after the first modern warfare.

Didn't stop me applying for the beta though :eek:

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
That it has people working on it that used to work on the COD games and we all know they were s**te after the first modern warfare.

Infinity Ward only developed Call of Duty 1 & 2, and Modern Warefare 1 & 2. These were easily the best games in the franchise and the remainder were done by other developers. That to me, is a good thing!

AK

M240i
I've been looking forward to a multiplayer only game tbh. I loved the Co op campaign that Halo allowed.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Played this back in September at Eurogamer, it seemed quite fun at the time, you could wallgrab and jet back to other walls to combo your way up to a roof, where you did seem to have a massive advantage.