ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanfall

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah but like I said remember this is like playing a beta of BF4, for example, on Domination.

My point being it's nowhere near the full scope of the finished game.

There's team play and loads more tactics in the full game.

I'm enjoying it.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Team balancing kinda sucks. Been on a server this morning where the other team were all level 14, we were levels 1-4.

Its quite fast paced. Really good fun. So far I really like it.

I'm not great in the Titan's though, going to need some practice.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm up to rank 8 now. That's me done for the weekend on gaming. Seems like it could be great on full release.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'm spent a couple of hours on it this morning, got to level 8 quite quickly. The auto aim handgun is handy against the grunts not so much the pilots and the carbine rifle is pretty epic. Anyone know how to use the burn cards effectively?

Yaris Hybrid
I really enjoyed it and I was sceptical and haven't enjoyed multi-player games for a long time. I suck with pads but found the default set-up to be perfect and was running around killing people rather than being farmed. Wish all console FPS handled like that.

Noticed dodgy frame rates and I'm sure I had some screen tearing or some other nasty glitch though.

I still won't buy it because there isn't a campaign but if I was going to buy it I'd get in on PC I think to avoid those technical issues. Graphics were nothing special on XO as it was. Could be rose tinted specs but in my brain it doesn't look better than say Halo 3 or Halo 4 on 360. Obviously I know that isn't true and if I went back to those games they would look terrible but it is a long way below what I'm used to.

Clio 197 F1
Seriously impressed with this on PC, much more interesting and diverse compared to COD or BF. still not sure if it's worth buying though.

1.8 Civic EX
Enjoying it so far. Up to level 5 in only a few games. Assassin plus artillery seem to be the winning combo for me at the min.

not sure how long it will last though, very repetitive and coming from bf4 the games are very short and getting killed doesn't seem to be any sort of penalty at all, it's like death doesn't really matter if that makes sense...

As long as they fix the pistol it will be decent.

Running around and getting 10+ pilot kills and 40+ minion kills is a bit dumb, and far too easy, especially when you have the extended range upgrade and those cards for more damage!

Nissan 350z
I'm really enjoying it too. I run around with the SMG you unlock at lvl6 i think and having the Tank titan on auto follow, the AI does a much better job of controling the titan than I do.

I couldnt quite get my graphics setup right and i kept getting tearing ocasionally when turning around fast, I can only hope its solved in the future with new drivers as I am already running the latest.

FYI 50% off all Origin titles with promo code "LOVE". convenient!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm really enjoying it too. I run around with the SMG you unlock at lvl6 i think and having the Tank titan on auto follow, the AI does a much better job of controling the titan than I do.

I couldnt quite get my graphics setup right and i kept getting tearing ocasionally when turning around fast, I can only hope its solved in the future with new drivers as I am already running the latest.

FYI 50% off all Origin titles with promo code "LOVE". convenient!

Does that work with pre-orders?

Nissan 350z
I havent tried yet mate sorry. I just noticed it when it popped up in a window after launching Origin.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I havent tried yet mate sorry. I just noticed it when it popped up in a window after launching Origin.

I tried going through the pre-order section and it didn't give me anywhere to input a code. Will have another look later, but I'm not sure codes work on pre-orders anywhere.

Nissan 350z
When you go into your basket, on the right-hand frame is a "Promo code" link than when clicked expands an input field below it. It took me a while to find it too (i bought the Sim City expansion for £12.50)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
When you go into your basket, on the right-hand frame is a "Promo code" link than when clicked expands an input field below it. It took me a while to find it too (i bought the Sim City expansion for £12.50)

Cheers. I've seen that on games currently available, but not on pre-orders. Like I say, will check it later, cheers.

AK

M240i
Seems an OK game. Graphics are good but not outstanding. Can't see much longevity in the game and hence I won't be buying it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Seems an OK game. Graphics are good but not outstanding. Can't see much longevity in the game and hence I won't be buying it.

You do realise that there are 3 game modes in the beta (as opposed to 15 in full release), limited time, at least 50% of the gameplay not available along with graphical capability reduction and no team play to speak of yet?

You will buy it and I'll link you back to the post saying you wont.

1.8 Civic EX
You do realise that there are 3 game modes in the beta (as opposed to 15 in full release), limited time, at least 50% of the gameplay not available along with graphical capability reduction and no team play to speak of yet?

You sure thats 15 game modes? It was on IGN somewhere that someone had got into the code for the Beta game and seen the map names and splash screens etc of which there were approx 15. Different game modes was about 6 iirc. Could be wrong though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You sure thats 15 game modes? It was on IGN somewhere that someone had got into the code for the Beta game and seen the map names and splash screens etc of which there were approx 15. Different game modes was about 6 iirc. Could be wrong though.

I meant maps yeah. The game modes on BF4 aren't that diversive either. We only play about 3 of them; Conquest, Domination and Rush basically. I haven't even played the Capture the Flag mode on Titanfall yet, and that's in the beta.

AK

M240i

I won't and you won't.

AK

M240i
Honestly, if I do buy it, it'll be because there is literally no other games out at the minute that provides something different. It's too arcade-like to be compared to Battlefield.

1.8 Civic EX
Agreed. It's alright for a quick blast, might wait till it comes down in price before I make a purchase. I have a feeling it won't be long before quite a few preowned ones start to turn up.

On that note, I've not seen any mention of any season pass type jobs either yet which is suprising seeing as EA are involved.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I think this game is awesome. Easily the most fun I've had playing a game online for a long time.

Graphics are good. Not out of this world, but acceptable. Game play is flawless so far. I was expecting it all to be to much, with there being so much going on. But it never feels like to much is happening at once.

Pre-ordered my copy today. Can't wait for it to come out properly.

Yaris Hybrid
Well I got into the PC beta.

Bit of bug there with vsync as it gives a massive stutter. So I have to turn it off and then it runs really nicely but of course there is constant screen tearing.

I see a lot of people are reporting that bug so I think I will wait until that is fixed before making any decisions.

To be honest though the graphics are not that special even on the highest settings, not as big a leap over the XO version as I'd expect and bizarrely the XO has less tearing which is a first!

Yaris Hybrid
Maybe its because its a beta?

Don't confuse the technical glitches (vsync judder/tearing) with the "graphics are not that special" part.

The former will be sorted (I quite happily accepted far worse bugs in TESO because as you say it's a beta) but in my experience the latter won't change. It looks pretty dated and the PC can only polish it so much.

Not that it is a major fly in the ointment mind you. You don't tend to notice because of how fast paced it is. Just saying that really it doesn't even look that special by next gen console standards and there isn't really much additional wow factor on PC. Most games I'd definitely buy on PC but this one I'd probably take on either format.

TLDR: If I bought it on my XO I wouldn't look at the PC version and be full of regrets. Just my take having played them both.

Revels Mum & Sister
Really enjoying this. Cannot wait for the full title to come out. Me and a couple of mates get in a game and just have a laugh.