ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium Ph1 Single Day Enhancement

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Scott brought his Ph1 down to see me, as he lives only donw the road from the unit, so we could have a little look at his paint work and see what could be done to improve it.

It has to be one of the mintest ph1s i'd ever seen bar slightly dull paintwork and some very very minor swirling.

So we set this Saturday aside to see what could be done during the day and i'm very happy with the results. Although we have discussed even further correction to get absolutley perfect!

The car came to me pretty clean as Scott hates a dirty car! As you can see, clean but quite dull. Especially the roof of the car, the paint seemed very oxidised.

Anyway pictures...( please excuse my incredibly poor photography skills and me forgetting my tripod)

IMG_7911_zps03b42428.jpg

IMG_7907_zps1fe27e69.jpg

IMG_7905_zpsf61ceebd.jpg

IMG_7904_zps85d031d8.jpg

It didn't really need a pre cleanser but all the bottom half of the car, door shuts etc and the arches got treated to some AF Citrus then it was foamed using avalanche.

IMG_7916_zps2f56567d.jpg

IMG_7918_zpsa7c0ad4c.jpg

Once it was washed using Dodo Juice BTBM it was then fully decontaminated (virtually zero fallout or tar etc due to a recent claying)

IMG_7920_zpsddee1de1.jpg

IMG_7925_zps0b5e3c1c.jpg

Once rinsed off it was then dried using an Uber towel then taken in and taped up..

IMG_7927_zpsfe623646.jpg

Several readings with the paint depth gauge proved that no panels had seen paint and was avergaing a healthy 125 microns throughout. The paint proved quite hard as i've found with every Clio i've touched tbh.

Once happy with the level of correction I could get done in the day I glazed it with some Prima Amigo and finished it off with a couple of layers of AF Passion.

I also cleaned and dressed the bay.

IMG_7941_zps87e6ccf0.jpg

IMG_8094_zps1b4365eb.jpg

IMG_8090_zpsb72d2733.jpg

IMG_8087_zps3d222405.jpg

IMG_8073_zpsb26065ae.jpg

IMG_8059_zps624d4d4a.jpg

IMG_8053_zpseb86931c.jpg

IMG_8037_zps0a73643a.jpg

IMG_8033_zpscde3d3e1.jpg

IMG_8026_zps2ba90112.jpg

IMG_8009_zps092f87e2.jpg

IMG_7997_zps031492b8.jpg

IMG_7995_zps8f168532.jpg

IMG_7990_zps0faeec36.jpg

IMG_7987_zps8a9d46ef.jpg

IMG_7986_zpsf427571b.jpg

IMG_7982_zpsae53c9ad.jpg

IMG_7969_zpsffebf00f.jpg

IMG_7968_zpsadc603a1.jpg

IMG_7962_zps23b50c82.jpg

Sorry about the s**tty PB pictures, Flickr wasn't playing ball.

I really enjoyed the day spent on this car, I was more that chuffed with the end result considering it was already a fanstatsic base to work with.

Ant

Last edited:
  BlackGold 182
Great work ant! I'm contemplating getting you to sort mine out, need the gold to come through properly!

PH1 Clio 172
I love it....stunning as always and amazing results. I'm like Scott and hate a dirty car. It's sad to hear there aren't many tidy PH1 left.
I'm pleased to say mines still a minter too.
This makes mine look hanging though!,

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers all, Ants work is spot on and i can not wait for the car to go back into his hands for him to work his magic.

The roof and bonnet didn't come up to mine and Ants high standards with the time we had available on the day, so i will be re-booking the car in to have these panels wet sanded and polished.

Scott.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
This really was a stunning example, i genuinely was stunned. The colour after ant did the business was glorious, pics dont do it justice.

Great to meet you Scott.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks Tom, yes it was nice to meet you to mate.

After saturday i will have to get my ass and the car out to a few advents, its nice to put faces to the people on this forum and the people who i have met so far have been very helpful and spot on.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bloody cracking work, the pics don't do it justice (I was busy all day on the BMW so it's kinda my fault) :eek:

The car's a credit to Scott with how mint it is (frankly insane) and a the depth of the shine and level of flake "pop" it had by the end of the day was just mental, such an amazing colour and it really must be one of the tidiest ph1's left full stop. The car literally looked like someone had smothered it in glitter.

Oh and this car has the best fitting front bumper of any phase one, ever.

BlackGold 182
I gonna give mine a go myself next week ant and if I don't get it how I want then ill be round to you mate! What wax would you recommend for bg?

BlackGold 182
Ermm well £60 altogether, I got some bits already like pb black hole, wheel sealants etc and a couple of meguirs polishs for machine polish

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
For the price I still don't think AG HD wax is easy to beat for durabilty and ease of use and results. You will need a cleanser too mate, do you have a polisher?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Nom nom nom!! That's well edible Scott....nothing like a good beading......is it dirty yet?!

Hmmm i used it on Sunday and went to the O2, so a little i guess but the rain just ran off the car so it was all dry when i got home.
Today is a different story, poor cars sat on the drive covered in bloody snow!!!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Blimey, that's beading very well indeed.

When you bring it down for the wet sand we'll clean it back up and hopefully get some more photos.

Yeah mate ill hold you to that, hope we can have a good photo session with the tripod this time...;)

PH1 Clio 172
Must admit the snow has made mine proper dirty today, beading well but lower half needs a wash now...plus the potholes and puddles on the driveway down to work :(

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Must admit the snow has made mine proper dirty today, beading well but lower half needs a wash now...plus the potholes and puddles on the driveway down to work :(

I have my van to use daily so the car can sit untill the weather sorts it self out....:D

PH1 Clio 172
I have my van to use daily so the car can sit untill the weather sorts it self out....:D
That's a bonus...I only need to use mine to get to work, which except for the driveway is fairly good..and short.
Get the privilege of using my company C3 in working hours!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
My vans my own but it saves running up miles on the clio plus i would hate anything to happen to it just because i used it to get me to work.
I have used it about 4 times in the 3 years ive owned it but only on Fridays, i just end up sitting in traffic on the way home as i work in east london so its not much fun...:(

PH1 Clio 172
My vans my own but it saves running up miles on the clio plus i would hate anything to happen to it just because i used it to get me to work.
I have used it about 4 times in the 3 years ive owned it but only on Fridays, i just end up sitting in traffic on the way home as i work in east london so its not much fun...:(

fair play....I'm only doing 3 miles a day! But love driving it.
Wouldn't fancy sitting in traffic in London....sore left leg at least with these heavy clutches!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah the car hates it tbh, i start work at 6am so the drive in is ok although the last time i took it to work i got stopped by the fuzz...lol

The IOW is a place i want to visit for a short brake away.

PH1 Clio 172
No worries, let me know what you find and I'll let you know if its a s**t hole or not!
Also have some car ferry discount vouchers for 15% off if you need them.....that's the pricey bit.
Sorry Scott...I've hijacked your thread!