ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To Anyone With Worn Alacantra Seats

Black Gold 182
Got my 2005 clio 182 3 Weeks ago, Passenger Seat and Rear Seats Were in perfect condition but the drivers seat and the driver arm rest on the door card were pretty worn.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380434681748?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Saw this on ebay and thought... 5er? deffinitaly worth giving it a go!

It came today and i went out for 15 mins and wasnt expecting much but the door card has come up absolutly perfect!

Had a quick go on the seats and done a small area then came back in cos it was too cold LOL!

At first it seems as tho it isnt really doing alot, but i carried on going over and over the same area and it got rid of every single little bobble and strand, would probably take 1 hour + to do a seat but more than worth it with the finished result! Really happy with the door card and will probably finish the seat at the weekend.

Would deffinatly recommend this to anyone who's seats are starting to wear!

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
I have to agree. I've used one on mine and was surprised how much it helped. Once its warmed up a bit i'll give it a go again and do the lot.

Surely it would get to a point that if it keeps wearing and bobbling, and you've removed/shaved it all, it would get to a point that there would be like no alacantra left no?

DB.

BMW 440i
Got my 2005 clio 182 3 Weeks ago, Passenger Seat and Rear Seats Were in perfect condition but the drivers seat and the driver arm rest on the door card were pretty worn.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380434681748?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Saw this on ebay and thought... 5er? deffinitaly worth giving it a go!

It came today and i went out for 15 mins and wasnt expecting much but the door card has come up absolutly perfect!

Had a quick go on the seats and done a small area then came back in cos it was too cold LOL!

At first it seems as tho it isnt really doing alot, but i carried on going over and over the same area and it got rid of every single little bobble and strand, would probably take 1 hour + to do a seat but more than worth it with the finished result! Really happy with the door card and will probably finish the seat at the weekend.

Would deffinatly recommend this to anyone who's seats are starting to wear!

1st post. So you're selling this then yes? ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
Surely it would get to a point that if it keeps wearing and bobbling, and you've removed/shaved it all, it would get to a point that there would be like no alacantra left no?

After 170000 years, yes. Probably.

Or not.

Black Gold 182
nah im not selling was just pretty amazed with the results tbh, never thought of using a razor and the rest of my seats were in mint condition but the drivers one was pretty worn so i was actually thinkin of replacing the seat, then saw this and thought i'd give it a go for a 5er and the seats came up like new

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I used an old razor on mine. Came up nicely but i was worried about wearing through.

Could do with doing it again tbh!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
nah im not selling was just pretty amazed with the results tbh, never thought of using a razor and the rest of my seats were in mint condition but the drivers one was pretty worn so i was actually thinkin of replacing the seat, then saw this and thought i'd give it a go for a 5er and the seats came up like new

Never thought of using a razor, but bought a razor off eBay?