ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To scrap or not to scrap that is the question.....

Superninj

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup & E46 M3
Just wanted to see what you guys thought, both myself and my brother have clio 172s. Unfortunately his car has died... engine has lost compression and is junk so the car has been stripped and all the nice shiny bits will be transfered to my 172 cup so we can share it for trackdays, and the left over bits sold or kept for spares.

So we now have a silver 172 rolling shell which is straight with V5 etc and was wondering if it would be worth offering it as is or just scrap it.
The shell has its subframe and wishbones, steering rack, wheel, fuel tank and most of the interior rolling on space savers.

It seems a waste for it to be crushed if someone on the forum would be interested in turning it into a track/rally/race car? or in the same situation do most people just get them taken away and crushed?

Clio 172
Last I heard scrap was at a low, offering nothing for scrap cars. May even end up paying to get it scrapped. So if you offer it at £50 or free collection on the forum may be the better option. Customers are limited to those with space and a trailer

Will be worth around a pint of premium lager at a metal merchants by weighing it in, so it may well be worth offering it for free on here so that A) it can perhaps live on, and B) saves you the journey to scrap it.

If you don't have access to a trailer to weigh it in yourself, you will have to pay for someone to take it away.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I scrapped a 172 shell just before xmas.

The scrap yard offered me
£0 if they collect a scrap car.
£10 if I deliver a scrap car.
a £50+ VAT fee to collect a scrap shell.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Scrap is worth nothing at the moment.

Advertise it as free to collector and hope for the best.